Progress of new pier

villager70

Hi all. Looked at clip on March update on pier. Has anyone been there lately that can advise whether pier is open and progress

We tendered into Tortola on April 21. We were on the Gem. The pier shops at that time had much work to be completed.

I would be interested given the last BVI Tourist update was after the pier dedication on April 29th. We are coming in on the Getaway on July 29th and would wonder if this new "boardwalk" with stores and places to go will be finished. I would say probably not given they were just still in center block wall stage in the April update.

May just walk to the spice shop and take a day relaxing on the boat since others will be out doing the excursions.

• 2 weeks later...

Only one building that you walk through with a couple of stores was open as of May 13, 2015, but there were a number of buildings in various stages of completion at that time, and I wouldn't be surprised if some more are completed by the end of July. I really don't think the entire development will be done until maybe the fall.

Here's a photo of the new pier.

Tortola%20pier.jpg

• 1 month later...

As of July 28th on our cruise, only the first building was completed. All other buildings do not look close to being done. Signage all around that it would be completed June, 2015, but it is not close. You can go to Little Switzerland on the other side of the taxi area. We found some really nice coral art in the one building that is completed. You can go two blocks to the left of the port to find some other clothes shops, the spice shop and a very small market.