Hotwire, what hotel in Boston???

gem1017

Cruising out of Boston in October. Looking for a hotel close to the cruiseport and shopping. Hotwire has what they call "Fanueil Hall/North End/waterfront area boutique hotel for $211 for Oct. 17. Does anyone have any idea what hotel it might be? We won't have a vehicle so we are trying to stay close and the price looks very good for Boston. We are also wanting to stay post cruise and the same hotel is $291 for Oct. 25!

Thanks for any help you can give!

Edited by gem1017

Cruising out of Boston in October. Looking for a hotel close to the cruiseport and shopping. Hotwire has what they call "Fanueil Hall/North End/waterfront area boutique hotel for $211 for Oct. 17. Does anyone have any idea what hotel it might be? We won't have a vehicle so we are trying to stay close and the price looks very good for Boston. We are also wanting to stay post cruise and the same hotel is $291 for Oct. 25!

Thanks for any help you can give!

Best guess - Battery wharf hotel. This is a great deal - book it and use the money you save to take a few cabs. You aren't going to get much of anything nice for $211 and certainly not a 5* hotel

Thank you Carol! You were spot on with the Battery Wharf! With taxes and fees it was $268 but I guess still a good deal considering. Now on the return you say Copley Square back bay area is a good choice. Can you please elaborate? How far will we be from the airport and what kind of hotel might we get? And you said its a good area for dining and shopping. You have been very helpful and I appreciate your taking the time to answer my questions!

Thank you Carol! You were spot on with the Battery Wharf! With taxes and fees it was $268 but I guess still a good deal considering. Now on the return you say Copley Square back bay area is a good choice. Can you please elaborate? How far will we be from the airport and what kind of hotel might we get? And you said its a good area for dining and shopping. You have been very helpful and I appreciate your taking the time to answer my questions!

The 4.5* hotels could be the Westin, Loew's, or the Commonwealth. My best guess is the Westin because of the laundry amenity. You are about 3 miles from the airport.

As you have found out Boston hotels are very expensive. However Boston is really a small city downtown and is easy to get around. The advantage to Back Bay Copley is that there are two indoor malls to browse at night and plenty of restaurants. If you were to get the Westin, you would be attached to the Copley Place Mall. I hotwired a 4* hotel in Jan in a blizzard and got the Sheraton which was lovely. I arrived on Amtrak and was able to scoot across the street into Copley Place and troll my luggage indoors all the way over to the Sheraton which is on the far side of the Prudential shops.