Need advice going to Maritime Museum from Dockyard

spannersmom

We are planning on purchasing the transportation passes. Need help figuring out how to get to the museum. DH recovering from brain surgery and can't walk very far. Thought of taking the ferry to front street, than catching a bus up to the bus terminal. Or would we be better off taking the bus from the dockyard? Coming back from the museum-will the bus drop us off on Front St. to catch the Ferry?

The Maritime Museum is actually in Dockyard, so you won't have to use a bus or a ferry. Even with recovery from surgery, your husband should be ok with the walk, it's not far from where you dock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps do you mean the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute (BUEI), which is on the outskirts of Hamilton?

As the previous poster said, the Maritime Museum (By the way, the official name of this museum is now the National Museum of Bermuda) is in the Dockyard and within easy walking distance of the cruise ship piers.

If you are asking about BUEI, since your husband has difficulty walking for any distance I would recommend taking a taxi from the ferry terminal in Hamilton.

Yes, I meant the BUEI. Any idea how much a round trip taxi fare would be? If all else fails, may just take the Ferry and walk on Front St. for a bit. Have to see how he feels-just so thankful he is doing as well as he is.

FYI you cannot get a bus to the bus terminal On the Main Street in Hamilton.. We made that mistake waited forever until some kind person told us we had to walk up to the bus terminal.

You would be better off just taking the bus from dockyard then there would be no walking for your DH. I think you'd have to transfer at the terminal but all the buses line up. They drop you off right across the street from the museum.