Breakaway 5/17 review

kernie968

We loved the two bedroom suite! It was nice for everyone to have their privacy. It was plenty of space for the three of us. The only drawback to the 2 bedroom suite and the aft penthouse suite is the curtain to the main bathroom. It is hard to get it to pull all the way across without a small crack, which would not be a problem for a husband and wife, but since I was sharing the bathroom with my son it was kind of awkward at times. When I took a shower he would stay in the living room, but when you use the toilet it just does not feel like enough privacy. I do not know why they could not make the bathrooms with sliding door like they have for the bedroom.

We loved the two bedroom suite! It was nice for everyone to have their privacy. It was plenty of space for the three of us. The only drawback to the 2 bedroom suite and the aft penthouse suite is the curtain to the main bathroom. It is hard to get it to pull all the way across without a small crack, which would not be a problem for a husband and wife, but since I was sharing the bathroom with my son it was kind of awkward at times. When I took a shower he would stay in the living room, but when you use the toilet it just does not feel like enough privacy. I do not know why they could not make the bathrooms with sliding door like they have for the bedroom.

Thanks for letting me know about the bathroom. I'm traveling with my sister and BFF. We will be mindful of this situation. Not a problem for me and sis but for my BFF probably so.

I'm so looking forward to cruising in style. I usually get a balcony which my first time cruiser husband now loves since returning from CCL last month.

Thanks again for the heads up. I'm going to show the ladies the layout of our suite by revisiting your review :)

We did take a cab from Penn station. They have some bigger cabs that can fit four people and luggage. We just had to wait a couple minutes for the bigger cab. The four times we have taken the cabs the fare ranged from $9.50 to $11.30. It depends on traffic and which way the cab goes. We always ask to be dropped off at 49th and 12th, which saves us from inching along to get dropped off at 48th and 12th like most people do.

There is plenty of room for luggage at the back of each of the cars. We saw a lot of people heave their bags above their seat, but you really do not have to. Also at Penn Station use the Red Caps. It is suggested that you tip them two dollars a bag, but it is worth more than that. They take you down early before everyone else and they put your luggage on the train. It was the best money spent on the entire vacation!

OK I have a few more room and Bermuda pictures to add. The second bedroom had a lot more storage space than I thought it would.

IMG_0290_zpslzqc7xqz.jpg

The closet was not a bad size and the little shelves were nice.

IMG_0291_zpsbtpzspvy.jpg

It was not a bad size for one person and two people could have worked in it.

The master bathroom has a shower that is amazing! The shower has a rainfall shower head and six jets that you can aim where you want them to go. I loved having the jets hit my shoulders and lower back. I really never wanted to get out of the shower once I got in! The hot water never ends and if I could put one of these in my house I would.

IMG_0792_zpsre4nydmx.jpg

The living room has a good bit of storage space, just no closet. I put quite a bit of my clothes in the storage area above the desk.

IMG_0900_zps7blfkyda.jpg

The area with the Lavazza machine was nice. The area on top had cups and glasses. The area under had the fridge and extra plates and silverware. We asked the butler to keep our fridge full of milk and chocolate milk as well as a pitcher of water.

IMG_0296_zpsuqnenflh.jpg

The first day when I attempted to froth the milk for a latte I made a mess. The Lavazza machine was splattered in milk. When we came back to our room later our butler had left a small pitcher for me to froth the milk in. It was much easier and less messy with the pitcher.

IMG_0298_zps0sjv8ut5.jpg

The butler also gave us bowls of Peanut M&M's as well as Gummy Bears. DS said the Gummy Bears were gross.

From the balcony when we looked over we could watch people playing shuffleboard.Even though we were up like seven decks we could still hear the sounds from people playing shuffleboard when we sat on our balcony. The extended balconies were to the right of our room. It would be nice to have an extended balcony, but everyone can see you from above. Could not decided if I would ever want one of the extended balconies because of the lack of privacy.

IMG_0282_zpsq1ri7uvg.jpg[/url]

Everyone complains that the balconies are too small, but ours was a good size. If you really put 6 people in this room it would be hard to fit all six people out on the balcony unless everyone was standing. You could not put six chairs out, but for the 3 of us it was fine. We loved going out and watching New York City and the ocean go by.

IMG_0172_zpskwm24agg.jpg

I do not know if they do this for every cruise, but a fire boat was shooting off water as we went by the Statue of Liberty which made it even more amazing.

IMG_0196_zps4eqwic4x.jpg