3 day weekend on Azura

Josy1953

We have just had a lovely 3 night cruise on Azura with a 4 year old who absolutely loved it.

The only downside was that there were several hen parties and a stag party on board, none of which were noisy but the behaviour one group of "young ladies" ( I use the term loosely ) left something to be desired, on Saturday evening in the Manhatten bar one of the group chose to bend over in front of us and our niece immediately very loudly asked "Why has that lady not got any knickers on", 5 minutes later we were treated to the sight of another of the same group taking her top off. This was before 9 pm, our bedtime for the 4 year old, and there were a number of family groups with children present.

I was disappointed that no one from the P&O staff spoke to this group about their behaviour but I guess that the amount that they spend on alcohol means that P&O don't want to lose this type of customer.

We took this trip because we had taken our nephew on a similar trip 3 years ago and his sister wanted to do the same as her brother had done. On the previous trip there were hen parties but they were very quiet and we did not see any bad behaviour.

We will continue to cruise with P&O but not on another short weekend trip but I do intend to write to P&O to express my disappointment that that this sort of behaviour is tolerated on a family ship.

We have just had a lovely 3 night cruise on Azura with a 4 year old who absolutely loved it.

The only downside was that there were several hen parties and a stag party on board, none of which were noisy but the behaviour one group of "young ladies" ( I use the term loosely ) left something to be desired, on Saturday evening in the Manhatten bar one of the group chose to bend over in front of us and our niece immediately very loudly asked "Why has that lady not got any knickers on", 5 minutes later we were treated to the sight of another of the same group taking her top off. This was before 9 pm, our bedtime for the 4 year old, and there were a number of family groups with children present.

I was disappointed that no one from the P&O staff spoke to this group about their behaviour but I guess that the amount that they spend on alcohol means that P&O don't want to lose this type of customer.

We took this trip because we had taken our nephew on a similar trip 3 years ago and his sister wanted to do the same as her brother had done. On the previous trip there were hen parties but they were very quiet and we did not see any bad behaviour.

We will continue to cruise with P&O but not on another short weekend trip but I do intend to write to P&O to express my disappointment that that this sort of behaviour is tolerated on a family ship.

That sounds awful, I would have complained to them, or to the bar staff.

Good grief, some people are so common.. I'm no prude but I would most certainly have complained...just how downmarket do p&o want to go?

Our last weekender had hen parties with blow up sex toys etc wandering around the decks and corridors and all dressed like they were working at a lap dancing club.

We are on Oriana for a 3 nighter in August, wondering if we will be subject to more of the same :mad:

We were on Ventura for four days last week and there were a lot of groups - families, 'mature' friends, hens and stags etc and although things were probably noisier than usual there was none of the inappropriate behaviour you saw. I will say however that some of the interpretations of Smart Casual was questionable. For example there was one young lady with a revealing top, tiny hot-pants and with a transfer or a tattoo of large flowers from knee to hip. Wish I had a photos to share with you as she certainly turned heads :D

Going on a 3 nighter at a weekend we expected some hen parties/stag parties and some noise, though in reality there was very little noise above what we have experienced on other cruises but we really did not expect the type of behaviour that we witnessed from this one group.

I am surprised that P&O allow this type of behaviour, the staff are obviously used to it because they just shrug their shoulders when it is pointed out to them. Like many people our first cruise was on a short cruise to see if we liked cruising but if we had seen any of this sort of behaviour we would never have cruised again. I now wonder whether P&O are being short-sighted in allowing hen and stag parties on board. Many people do not realise that these short cruises are not representative of a real cruise so are P&O potentially losing custom from people who are testing the waters before committing a lot of money to go on a longer cruise ?

I can't help but think that this is the sort of pax P & O would like to attract in the future. I use to think a short cruise was meant to be a taster cruise. They really do need to stop this happening if they want to attract any decent people on board. We were considering P & O for next years family cruise, I might have to re think this after reading this thread.

Edited by Suzez

I really so think more people need to let p&o know how they feel over all these hen and stag parties..it must be difficult for them to actually know because no doubt they all book separately and then link up bookings or just link up once on board... the powers that be need to start clamping down on the anti social behaviour though regardless of how much they might spend in the bars. We spend a lot in the bars when we are on board but still know how to act and behave!