Delivery time of Bon voyage cake question

Dizzneefan

I placed an order or a Bon Voyage cake to be delivered to our cabin when we sail next Tuesday I don't recall requesting a delivery time and in looking at my confirmation email I don't see an expected time either.

I'm inviting the others in our party to our cabin for a Bon Voyage party but don't want to specify a time if the cake isn't there Anyone know what time we might expect it?

My friend's DH ordered a cake for her on our "girls cruise". It was already there when we arrived. We were ready to eat it but it did not come with enough plates (2) or forks (2) and there were 4 of us. We decided to just eat it later. Well - we never got around to it b/c we were already full from eating all the time. A day or two later,:confused: it was dark in the cabin when I came back to the cabin and was a little shall we say - tipsy.

Having not being used to having a cake sitting on the dresser, combined with the darkness, I just plopped my purse into the side of it. :eek:

My advice to you is to eat it immediately & ask that enough plates/forks be provided or throw a few paper plates/forks in your carry-on, b/c getting stuff like that delivered in the chaos during boarding would be difficult.

We bought the Cat in the Hat cabin with cake. It gave me a choice of when to have it delivered, I choose day of embarkation and it was waiting for us in the cabin.

Like the previous poster, it did not come with enough plates and silverware for everyone in the cabin. We just made do. We got the vanilla and strawberry cake and thought it was fantastic.

I would try calling Bon Voyage if it were me and see if I could specify a time for delivery.

When I have ordered items for embarkation day they were in cabin upon boarding except one time. It was delivered before sailaway.

I would just grab extra utensils from the buffet line and bring to the cabin. Problem solved. I have done this more than once.

I've ordered cakes 2 different times, ordered for "delivery on embarkation." The first time it was already there by the time we arrived to the cabin (and we had FTTF, so it was early). The next time we were platinum (so still early), but the cake wasn't there yet. It arrived about an hour later, so no big deal. I think it just depends on which ship and how many orders they have.

Wish i could tell ya, but I have always had trouble ordering cakes Through Carnival. Once ordered one for my Moms birthday while she was onboard to be delivered at dinner on her Bday.( from her Granddaughter) I talked with her next day...asked how the cake was? It was never delivered, they had to ask about it, it was delivered next day.