OS or Haven Penthouse on the Jade

gibson21

I've stayed in the OS on the Gem and the Haven 1 bedroom on the Pearl. In all honesty, I would stay in the Haven again over the OS. I loved the size and especially the side balcony of the OS but since we weren't located in the Haven we only made it up to it once or twice during the 7 day cruise. I loved the quiet of the haven area. My husband and I went up on the top sundeck a lot and also used the hot tub in the evenings since it was literally right outside our door and nobody was ever in it.

I know the OS gets free bottles of booze and sodas so that's an advantage to that one if you drink. I ended up giving a bottle of wine to friends and the other two bottles to our butler. I'm not a big drinker.

Which ever you choose, have a great cruise!

Thank you perkydebrajean... I do think we will stay in the Haven for just those reasons...Having the Haven just steps away seems very appealing to us !! We have the UBP so the bottles will make little difference to us ..

Edited by gibson21

Thank you perkydebrajean... I do think we will stay in the Haven for just those reasons...Having the Haven just steps away seems very appealing to us !! We have the UBP so the bottles will make little difference to us ..

You'll love the Haven! It's so peaceful, at least it was when we sailed in it. The OS has a curtain that separates the bedroom from the living/dining area whereas the Haven room has an actual door. Worked out great for us because my husband and I keep different hours so we were able to shut the door while the other one slept. Also having Cagney's just a few steps outside of the Haven was nice too.

You'll love the Haven! It's so peaceful, at least it was when we sailed in it. The OS has a curtain that separates the bedroom from the living/dining area whereas the Haven room has an actual door. Worked out great for us because my husband and I keep different hours so we were able to shut the door while the other one slept. Also having Cagney's just a few steps outside of the Haven was nice too.

Hi Debra, it was only peaceful because we weren't there. We had to book a room away from everyone else. Some people book these rooms two years out. [emoji41]

OP, we would only consider the OS if it was Alaska other than that were in the Haven.

Hi Debra, it was only peaceful because we weren't there. We had to book a room away from everyone else. Some people book these rooms two years out. [emoji41]

OP, we would only consider the OS if it was Alaska other than that were in the Haven.

Are you saying the Haven would have been a little bit livelier had you two been hanging out in it? Hope to cruise with you both again someday!

Bob and I did book our cabin almost 2 years out.

Thank you Leavethekidswithmom... wish you were on our cruise .. LOL .. .we don't even have a Roll Call .. no worries we make friends fast !! We also like the fact that we have a door... we are doing AK in a few years so we will keep that in mind for the OS then !!! :)

Me and my soon to be wife are booked in Penthouse Haven on Jade 26SEP from Venice.

having never done a cruise (unless you count deployments in the Navy lol), I saw this opportunity for the luxury experience and I went for it for our honeymoon. I really can't stand the idea of being on a great vacation and eating in a cafeteria setting that I imagine ships to be. I want that experience and exclusivity. To me, a no brainer. If I were going with friends on a spring break type thing, well then I could care less. But if your cruise is for romance type event. spend the money. The shower in the Penthouse Haven is what sold me to be completely honest.