Port of Miami Hotel

bronco56

Apologies if this is worn-out topic...need a hotel pre-cruise that has shuttle from airport and to port of miami. Suggestions?

Welcome to cruise critic! If you can give us your dates of travel, approximate budget, and any other desired amenities (in addition to the shuttle you already mentioned) folks will be able to respond with more useful recommendations.

I also would like this info. We arrive in Miami jan 23,2016. I know it seems far out but need to plan. We are budget conscience for hotel I don't want a dive but don't wanna spend money that I could have for cruise. 3 star is fine

I also would like this info. We arrive in Miami jan 23,2016. I know it seems far out but need to plan. We are budget conscience for hotel I don't want a dive but don't wanna spend money that I could have for cruise. 3 star is fine

A popular budget hotel is LA Quinta East. But know if you have lots of time, there's not much to do nearer the airport. This one also has shuttle service.

Winter in FL isn't going to be cheap.

Edited by eandj

Only a few of the airport area hotels offer both airport and port shuttles. In addition to the La Quinta East suggested above check out the Springhill Suites Medical Center, Embassy Suites MIA, and the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon. These are okay if you are arriving late and just want a room for the night before you sail.

If you want to see downtown Miami, maybe have a view of the ports, and stay in a nicer area with dining and nightlife options I would opt for a $25 cab to a downtown hotel (Doubletree, Marriott, Hyatt, Intercontinental, Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn Mary Brickell are popular) and then a $12 cab will get you to your ship the next day.

Only a few of the airport area hotels offer both airport and port shuttles. In addition to the La Quinta East suggested above check out the Springhill Suites Medical Center, Embassy Suites MIA, and the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon. These are okay if you are arriving late and just want a room for the night before you sail.

If you want to see downtown Miami, maybe have a view of the ports, and stay in a nicer area with dining and nightlife options I would opt for a $25 cab to a downtown hotel (Doubletree, Marriott, Hyatt, Intercontinental, Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn Mary Brickell are popular) and then a $12 cab will get you to your ship the next day.

John -

We just need a hotel for the night before driving to the port. Which of these hotels would you recommend?

Comfort Suites Miami Airport North

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East

Homewood Suites by Hilton Miami-Airport/Blue Lagoon

The Homewood suites allows us to park the car for the 14 day cruise for no charge. It includes a shuttle both ways - not sure we would use that. Would you leave your car there? Is it an ok area?

If we stayed a the Homewood (and left the car) how much would a taxi be?

Thanks for your help

John -

We just need a hotel for the night before driving to the port. Which of these hotels would you recommend?

Comfort Suites Miami Airport North

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East

Homewood Suites by Hilton Miami-Airport/Blue Lagoon

The Homewood suites allows us to park the car for the 14 day cruise for no charge. It includes a shuttle both ways - not sure we would use that. Would you leave your car there? Is it an ok area?

If we stayed a the Homewood (and left the car) how much would a taxi be?

Thanks for your help

I've stayed at the Homewood previously and felt the area was fine - we were happy to walk 5 minutes to the local strip mall for dinner and some cruise shopping at the liquor store :D The Blue Lagoon area is much nicer than the area surrounding your other two options.

Taxi to/from the port should be about $26-28 on the meter plus tip and the ride takes 15+ minutes depending upon traffic and the day of the week. Double check on the shuttle both ways - first I have heard of a Miami hotel that will pick you up at POM and bring you back. :confused:

Have a great cruise! :)

Is Comfort Suites Miami Airport North a bad choice? We liked the free shuttles and hot breakfast. Don't really plan on doing much but watching tv and trying to sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For a late arrival and what you want it will be okay - not a great area and limited dining/shopping options nearby and some reports of crime in the area earlier this year. :eek:

Order delivery pizza and get ready for your cruise - good luck! :)

For a late arrival and what you want it will be okay - not a great area and limited dining/shopping options nearby and some reports of crime in the area earlier this year. :eek:

Order delivery pizza and get ready for your cruise - good luck! :)

Thank you for the reassurance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've stayed at the Homewood previously and felt the area was fine - we were happy to walk 5 minutes to the local strip mall for dinner and some cruise shopping at the liquor store :D The Blue Lagoon area is much nicer than the area surrounding your other two options.

Taxi to/from the port should be about $26-28 on the meter plus tip and the ride takes 15+ minutes depending upon traffic and the day of the week. Double check on the shuttle both ways - first I have heard of a Miami hotel that will pick you up at POM and bring you back. :confused:

Have a great cruise! :)

John -

Thanks for your help. You seem to know the area so maybe you can answer this question. We will be staying in the Orlando area prior to the cruise out of Miami. Is there a cheaper place to stay along I95 that isn't too far from the port? We don't mind driving an hour or so to get to the port the morning our ship leaves. When I looked at 95 all of the area within an hours drive seems to be beach area so I would assume prices in Feb will be high anyway.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks again for your help.

Locals may be able to give you a better idea - my mother is retired between Orlando and Tampa so I visit both airports a lot, and travel to FLA for business (too often) and cruising (not often enough :().

I seem to recall lots of hotels off of 95 in the Palm Beach area - that would put your 90 min-2 hours from POM. The Fort Lauderdale area is about 45-60 minutes from POM, depending upon your hotel location. www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area hotel and tourist info.

Good hunting! :)

I booked at the red roof inn plus, it was 180 and that included airport and port transfers, does anyone have any reviews or have stayed there previously? would appreciate input, thanks in advance

I booked at the red roof inn plus, it was 180 and that included airport and port transfers, does anyone have any reviews or have stayed there previously? would appreciate input, thanks in advance

Check trip advisor!