Seattle Airport Hotels Adjacent to Light Rail Station

Having just returned from our cruise, I kept my eyes open for future trips. We stayed at the Sleep Inn SEATAC airport and were pleased with it. The hotel shuttle picked us up at the airport and also dropped us directly in front of the light rail station. They were willing to take us anywhere within a reasonable distance from the hotel. Nice staff!

However, there are 3 hotels located right across a parking lot from the light rail station that goes into downtown Seattle. You can purchase tickets at the station.

Those hotels are: Hilton Seattle Airport and Conference Center, Clarion and Crowne Plaza. You don't need to take a shuttle to get to the light rail station. You literally walk across the parking lot. The 3 hotels are situated in a U shape around the perimeter of the parking lot.

That's where we'll be staying next time! :-)

We just returned from a cruise out of Seattle and stayed at the Embassy Suites close to the airport and a light rail station. Very nice place, shuttle service everywhere.

We just returned from a cruise out of Seattle and stayed at the Embassy Suites close to the airport and a light rail station. Very nice place, shuttle service everywhere.

The Embassy Suites is in Tukwila, about 4 miles from the airport. It is adjacent to the Sounder commuter rail station, NOT the light rail (aka Link) line. The Sounder will take you to downtown Seattle, but only on weekdays during peak commute hours, and only to the south end of downtown (a little over a mile from Pike Place Market).

The Embassy Suites is in Tukwila, about 4 miles from the airport. It is adjacent to the Sounder commuter rail station, NOT the light rail (aka Link) line. The Sounder will take you to downtown Seattle, but only on weekdays during peak commute hours, and only to the south end of downtown (a little over a mile from Pike Place Market).

Thank you, I did not realize there were 2 rail systems nearby. Did not opt to take a rail, only the shuttles between airport, hotel, port and reverse. I still think it worked well for a flight in and a cruise out of Seattle, and is a nice hotel.

I did not mention that every day between 5:00 and 7:00ish they have free bar drinks and snacks for guests. Not a bad feature. :)

• 4 weeks later...

You said that the shuttle driver from Sleep Inn was willing to drop you at the light rail station and was nice about it -- so I am curious why you would choose a pricier hotel next time? Was there a wait for the shuttle? I would gladly pay the extra for the proximity to the light rail if there was a compelling reason. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Morgeuse

the Doubletree is also very walkable to the light rail station. The Coast Gateway hotel is also directly across from airport and less than one block to light rail. These should also be considered. The Sleep Inn seems nice but its very isolated with only an IHOP in walking distance. No airport hotel is filled with amenities and generally good for short stays or pre cruise but the general area is pretty devoid of restaraunts and atmosphere.