Luggage???

ufyellowfin

Taken from the website

LUGGAGE

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person (not exceeding 90x75x43 cm in size and 23 kg in weight per bag), and two pieces of hand luggage per person (not exceeding 56x45x25 cm in size and 23 kg in weight per bag). Prams and wheelchairs are always allowed.

On all Grand Voyages (positioning cruises) to/from North America, Caribbean, South America, South Africa and Middle East, the above mentioned guidelines represent the maximum limit allowed per person, provided that, in any case, the maximum amount of luggage in each cabin does not exceed 100 kg and/or 8 pieces among all passengers in the same cabin. Any piece of luggage exceeding the allowance will not be accepted at the check-in. Guests intending to exceed these limits are invited to contact directly or via their travel agents MSC Cruises at the time of booking for any information on how to ship the luggage in excess of the free bag allowance separately via freight or cargo at additional charge.

All luggage is to be kept in the cabin, keeping all exits free of any obstacles.

Guests are invited to bring the luggage tags necessary for embarkation in their hand luggage and attach them at the arrival at the embarkation port.

Valuable luggage travels at the passenger’s own risk. Passengers are advised to carry any medicines, documents and other similar personal belongings in their hand luggage.

Insurance can be taken out through MSC Cruises according to the conditions set out on page XXX. (OPTIONAL- If insurance is included in your brochure, pls insert the page number)

Edited by juttawdw

I have looked on this site and MSC and can't find the luggage restrictions. We have sailed only Carnival and RCI and those were two bags per person and a carry on per person. Is MSC the same?

Not aware of any restrictions. Very few bring lots because they fly to join the cruise. They provide 2 luggage labels per person and I've certainly brought 2 suitcases plus a carry on for a 3 week cruise.

Can't imagine why anyone would need more than that unless it was a very long cruise.

Do you get charged extra for taking more than one suitcase on a a repositioning cruise? Sorry to ask, as looking on weight allowance for flying, it says 23Kg per person. ? Never been on a fly/ cruise before.

Carol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Carol ... With any fly/cruise you are restricted to the airlines weight limit for cases and hand luggage so it may be worth checking out what it is with who you will be flying with.

This is sometimes complicated if you are flying with more than one airline going outward and back as we did last November, this is due to the changes made with regard to total sizes of bags and cases ie Length x Depth x Breadth, plus they all have different weight allowance for hold cases and hand luggage!

The airline will likely charge for more than one hold case pp but not the cruise line.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by sidari

Thank you for the info. Will have to wait till flights are attached to cruise. I'm not cruising till next April. Do you know when flights are attached to holiday?

Carol

Thank you for the info. Will have to wait till flights are attached to cruise. I'm not cruising till next April. Do you know when flights are attached to holiday?

Carol

I phoned my travel agent today about my flights for the two week cruise, (embarking 22/3/16) I go on before the TA,(which sails on the 5th,) and MSC said they attach flights to the booking 6 months before the sail date. So they will be added to your booking in October.

I also did a dummy booking for my first cruise of the B2B and found out they will probably be using flight BA 2155 out of Gatwick to Bridgetown Barbados.

orch%20flights.jpg

This may help you a bit.

Pete

PS AmoMondo, There is a Bedford in the post to me, for you. I asked for one to be sent earlier this afternoon

Edited by Skier52

PS AmoMondo, There is a Bedford in the post to me, for you. I asked for one to be sent earlier this afternoon

Wow, thank you so much Pete. Really, really kind of you. Can't wait to meet up with my little Bedford. And you and your wife of course!

Bronte as others have said it depends on the airline not MSC. I've always used BA when I've taken an extra bag as they are very reasonable and just charge a flat fee for an additional bag of up to 23 kgs. Some other airlines charge by the kilo and that costs a fortune.

Wait until the flights are allocated (there is a reasonable chance they will be with BA as MSC UK uses them frequently). You can then go on to the airlines website and check their charges for additional luggage. It is usually better to buy online as the price is normally cheaper online than laying at the airport. It really helps if both outward and return flight are with the same airline or at least one with the same allowances and similar charging policies.

On one occasion for. 21 day cruise, MSC allocated Swiis Sir for the Eurpean flight, but BA for the long haul return one. With the ridiculous charges with Swiis Air for an extra bag, it actually worked out cheaper to buy another flight with BA and not use the Swiss air one at all!

The last time we travelled with BA the allowance was 23kg for hold bags and 23kg for hand luggage the only proviso for the hand luggage being that you have to be able to lift it into the storage bin above! there was also a defined size chart for both, you were also allowed to take onboard one other item such as a handbag.

Might be worth checking out the BA website in advance for the up to date info.