How much deposit when booking while on a cruise?

no1volman

I'm sure the deposit is the same whether you book while on a cruise or if you book online. But both of my previous cruise's I took advantage of a discounted deposit rate. I'll be on the Fascination in 3 weeks and was planning to book next years cruise. I'm just curious what I should expect to pay for my deposit.

Required Deposit Per Guest

Cruise-To-Nowhere - $50 (non-refundable)

2 & 3 day - $100

4 day - $150

5 day - $200

6 & 7 days - $250

8 & 9 day - $300

Alaska - $350

10 Day or longer - $400

Panama Canal cruises - $500

Europe Sailings

7 day - $350

9 day - $400

12 day - $500

I'm sure the deposit is the same whether you book while on a cruise or if you book online. But both of my previous cruise's I took advantage of a discounted deposit rate. I'll be on the Fascination in 3 weeks and was planning to book next years cruise. I'm just curious what I should expect to pay for my deposit.

2 & 3 day - $100

4 day - $150

5 day - $200

6 & 7 days - $250

8 & 9 day - $300

Alaska - $350

10 Day or longer - $400

Europe Sailings

7 day - $350

9 day - $400

12 day - $500

We always book a four day as far out as possible, using Past Guest rates only, on our cruises. (In February 2015, we booked a four-day for April 2017.) Then when we get home and the perfect cruise comes along, I contact my PVP who transfers the booking # to the new cruise. We then pay the remainder of the new deposit for the longer cruise. Our obc changes also to reflect the length of the new cruise.

We always book a four day as far out as possible, using Past Guest rates only, on our cruises. (In February 2015, we booked a four-day for April 2017.) Then when we get home and the perfect cruise comes along, I contact my PVP who transfers the booking # to the new cruise. We then pay the remainder of the new deposit for the longer cruise. Our obc changes also to reflect the length of the new cruise.

What benefit is there to booking past guest rate? I was planning to book next years cruise under early saver so that I could take advantage of price drops right up until the cruise date. We already know which cruise we plan to take next year. Should I go a different route?

What benefit is there to booking past guest rate? I was planning to book next years cruise under early saver so that I could take advantage of price drops right up until the cruise date. We already know which cruise we plan to take next year. Should I go a different route?

I am guessing stargatefan is booking the past guest rate rather than early saver to save the $50 per person change fee that is part of ES.

I am guessing stargatefan is booking the past guest rate rather than early saver to save the $50 per person change fee that is part of ES.

I've heard of people doing this as well. When I book onboard, it is for the cruise I will be taking vs booking any cruise and then changing after the fact.

Exactly, springs741. Since we are able to cruise any time of year, and ships change home ports and itineraries occasionally, we like the freedom to wait until we get home to figure out what we want to do.

2 & 3 day - $100

4 day - $150

5 day - $200

6 & 7 days - $250

8 & 9 day - $300

Alaska - $350

10 Day or longer - $400

Europe Sailings

7 day - $350

9 day - $400

12 day - $500

Thanks for the chart, but I should note that solo travelers pay double the deposit, e.g., $500 for a 7-day cruise.

Exactly, springs741. Since we are able to cruise any time of year, and ships change home ports and itineraries occasionally, we like the freedom to wait until we get home to figure out what we want to do.

So if you knew ahead of time exactly which cruise you would be taking, then you would book under early saver?