Early morning coffee in my cabin

tartana

We order coffee and juice each morning on our cruises...no taking pills in public at breakfast is nice!

What I do not understand about Celebrity is that no coffee machines are put in the cabins. Surely some are not a fire hazard. They are in many staterooms/suites on RC and NCL. Not sure about other cruiselines.

Clearly if Celebrity would install a "safe" brand with an auto shut off- in each cabin it would be greatly appreciated. We have had suites on Celebrity and they do not have coffee machines. I also do not like taking pills in public and typically bring bottled water to our cabin the night before.

Edited by Cruise a holic

What I do not understand about Celebrity is that no coffee machines are put in the cabins. Surely some are not a fire hazard. They are in many staterooms/suites on RC and NCL. Not sure about other cruiselines.

Clearly if Celebrity would install a "safe" brand with an auto shut off- in each cabin it would be greatly appreciated. We have had suites on Celebrity and they do not have coffee machines. I also do not like taking pills in public and typically bring bottled water to our cabin the night before.

I agree - I will miss not having a coffee maker in my room. I don't want to have to rely on someone to "bring" me my coffee every morning. Or have to set an exact time to have it delivered. I like to just sleep until I wake up and then start my coffee - and enjoy it on my balcony without having to take off my pjs or worry about my hair or brushing my teeth lol. It would be nice to have a little maker in the room IMO. - Even if they had them on hand to supply to a room if someone asks - then they wouldn't have to have so many overall.

Edited by tartana

I agree - I will miss not having a coffee maker in my room. I don't want to have to rely on someone to "bring" me my coffee every morning. Or have to set an exact time to have it delivered. I like to just sleep until I wake up and then start my coffee - and enjoy it on my balcony without having to take off my pjs or worry about my hair or brushing my teeth lol. It would be nice to have a little maker in the room IMO. - Even if they had them on hand to supply to a room if someone asks - then they wouldn't have to have so many overall.

"it's all about the buck--not the safety"!

I bought a small french press a while back. It will make about 4 cups of coffee. I pack it and zip lock bags of coffee in my suitcase. I either ask for a pot of hot water or take it to the buffet and fill it with hot water from the coffee machines. This is my favorite method. The coffee brews while I walk back to the cabin and it is ready to serve when I get there.

Yes I have to clean the press and it does not keep the coffee hot, but I can have the coffee I like each morning. I can make it to my taste and enjoy it on the balcony each morning. I am more demanding on coffee than almost anything else. The coffee served on board is not good, in my experience.

Last cruise, I was asked several times where I found it. A lady thought I had bought it onboard and wanted to get one for herself. One gentleman even offered to buy it and all my coffee grounds. He was desperate for a good cup of coffee. LOL

...I can make it to my taste and enjoy it on the balcony each morning. I am more demanding on coffee than almost anything else.... He was desperate for a good cup of coffee.

My guess is there are more of us out there than the cruise line suspects, who are less than ecstatic about (remember this old jingle?) "the best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup" --kind of brew. I'm not sure there's anything to be done within the established rules.

Well, let's not hijack the thread here. Interesting stuff to ponder, though.

The idea of an individual cup coffee maker (pod system, etc) available in all rooms certainly would be a great idea and something I would look forward to on a Celebrity cruise. However, I am happy with getting myself up and out of bed, throw on shorts, a hat to hide my "bed head", and head on down to Cafe al Bacio to get my jolt of energy. Not much different than my weekends at home when I go to Starbucks or other available coffeehouse.

I am aware that Lavazza pod, single cup coffee makers are available in all suites on Norwegian cruise ships, and there has been some chatter about doing a scaled down offering of this in the "mini-suites". I can imagine that other cruise lines may have or offer similar options, but I'm content with the offerings on Celebrity at the current time.

If you book a suite on Celebrity, your butler can bring you an espresso/cappuccino whenever you like. ;)

We all have our "must haves" don't we :-)

One reason we book Celebrity is because of Cafe al Bacio. My husband heads out when he wakes up (no bed head) and brings back his espresso, my cappuccino or chai tea. The staff is wonderful.

And if you're catching a cold - tea, honey, lemon........mmmm

If we have an early shore excursion, then we use room service and a pot of coffee for our wake up call.

I think even if we had the coffee maker in the room, we probably wouldn't use it.

If you don't have a free beverage package and don't drink alcholol much, we found the premium non alcohol package the way to go. For $20 or so, we had all the coffees, teas, premium waters etc. Even if we had two "classic cocktails" per day, it was still cheaper than the classic alcohol package.

Your mileage may vary.

Happy Sailing,

Cheryl