Two Specialty Restaurants, Quantum/Anthem

We did Chops and Jamie's Italian on Quantum. So-so. Not particularly impressed. Jamie's Italian would be a better lunch option for me. Chops is....well... Chops. I liked it fine, but think it has gone down in value. Still good though, but more limited. We kind of agreed that we likely are not doing Chops on the ships anymore.

We did Chefs Table. Most highly recommended. It is an excellent meal with wine pairing. It is a small group, the chef and sommelier do a fantastic job explaining each dish and relation to the wine. It's intimate and you have plenty of time to talk to tablemates. I would definitely consider that for a nice experience. You are asked to dress up and everyone did when we went.

Another choice to consider is Wonderland. We didn't go, but I wish we had. It is very "intriguing." My wife doesn't eat seafood so that was part of our decision not to go, but in retrospect I will likely try it on some ship one day.

Sort of depends on your budget and taste. If you aren't adventurous, then stick with Jamies and Chops. Chef's Table and Wonderland are more expensive. Then, of course, there is always Izumi if you like Japanese.

Hi,

Just got off the Anthem and dined at

Chops - lovely food, excellent surroundings - great service,

then

Michaels pub - good pub grub in a pub like setting

We had a look at Jamie's and what put us off was the metal chairs, it looked like style over substance.

Pete

Jamie's was overrated. Other than the meat plank, nothing resembles what I would consider Italian. When we ate there the dining was $25 per and I can't recall but I thought reading on CC that it is a-la-carte like Izumi.

Planning to choose two specialty restaurants for dinner on upcoming Anthem sailing. We are not picky eaters and really only want to choose two. Which two would you choose and why?

Jamies is great. Chops is good if you really want Beef. WE are doing Jamies, charge, Am, Icon, no charge, Grande, formal sort of, no charge, Deviney Decatant. No charge. Have been to Chops several times, and they are excellent. Of course there are the Asian venues, which seem to be great, if you like that sort of food.

Really does not matter where you go. Pick the food you like from menus on Royal Caribbean.com. That will help a lot.