Mailed Luggage Tags

dwgreenlee

There can be a number of factors at work here, these are the most common:

1) Some Travel Agents uniformly input only the Agency email address.

2) Does the client have a current, working email address on File with O? New Reservations are often made in such a way that information is carried over from prior bookings.

3) Passengers may have settings on their Email Account Spam filters which block bulk Email messages. (bulk email (UBE), is a subset of electronic spam involving nearly identical messages sent to numerous recipients by email).

By definition, the Final Docs email would also involve sending hundreds of nearly identical emails to numerous recipients....you do the math. ;)

4) ) Email Account Spam filters almost always screen for suspected Phishing Links, and the Final Docs email will necessarily include a number of Links back to the O Site.

Check your Spam Folder!

In 2012 the final vacation summary came from:

Oceania Cruises ocfaxserver@oceaniacruises.com

I suggest adding that address to your contacts to avoid some of the spam filters. The final documents were emailed on May 21, 2012 for a June 11, 2012 departure - about 3 weeks in advance. If you get the mailer then the email document is redundant - which could explain TAs not forwarding it. If you do not get the mailer or the email you can still use an invoice to access the port.

That looks nice. I'm sure it'll make it to your stateroom.

I'm not sure on Oceania but many cruise lines use different colors for different sections of the ship to help the crew sort the luggage quicker and get it to your cabin quicker. A homemade tag might slow down delivery a little bit, but so would the generic ones that a porter fills out.

I've never failed to receive my luggage tags from Oceania, but then again I have a good TA that makes sure everything is taken care of;).

Enjoy your cruise.

Some of the big boys even use bar codes now. This is the first time on any of the seven cruise lines and in 55 cruises that I have not had luggage tags at the 4 week mark - mailed documents, electronic documents, using TAs and not. I have the luggage tags for my Carnival cruise that departs Feb 2016 - and have had them for several months.

Thanks for your input and good wishes. r/Don

So much conflicting info. Just talked to an Oceania phone supervisor who said our "cruise planner" (the folder with the printed luggage tags) for a 7/7/15 departure has not yet been sent out and it should be closer to the three weeks cited in the O web FAQs. Sometimes they'll go out sooner. But, right now they're actually running a bit late.

Didn't ask about any priority based on cabin class, which could also account for different arrival times.

Also, to squash another rumor, she said there is no immediate intention to move to "print your own" tags.

Just this minute got an email from my TA. We are on same cruise and he got our planner already and sent it out on June 7th to us. Looking at getting it today or tomorrow.

Edited by kekilia

The Cruise Vacation Guide along with the all important luggage tags arrived today. It came via Federal Express rather than the normal US Postal Service.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions, inquired on my behalf, and shared their experiences.

In fairness to Oceania, I do note the documents arrived before their stated 3 weeks delivery times. That said, I consider this cutting it a little close especially for anyone starting travels before the cruise or anyone living outside the US. Other cruise lines provide the information much sooner - for example, today I also printed my documents and luggage tags for my Princess departure 25 Aug 2015 from Southampton.

I am going to stop whining now because I am really looking forward to boarding Insignia. r/Don

The Cruise Vacation Guide along with the all important luggage tags arrived today. It came via Federal Express rather than the normal US Postal Service.

r/Don

YEAH glad you got them

If you are leaving a lot earlier ask for them to be sent earlier but I think in this case with them being behind in the production it may not have made any difference

We live in Canada & get them before the 4 wk mark at least so far we have ;)

Enjoy the cruise