Suite or Haven on Jewel?

andnosyd

Is the only difference between a 2 bedroom family suite and a Haven 2 bedroom family suite the Haven? Is it worth the difference in price? Seems like everything else besides access to the haven is the same? Thanks!

Is the only difference between a 2 bedroom family suite and a Haven 2 bedroom family suite the Haven? Is it worth the difference in price? Seems like everything else besides access to the haven is the same? Thanks!

You'll get mixed answers on this but my opinion is yes it's worth it to be in the Haven. The Haven is nice because you have your own area. It's never loud and crowded. It's much more relaxing. If you can swing the extra cash I say go for it.

Just my opinion but My last cruise on the Jewel was in the Haven, the previous on the Jewel was SF 10666 and my upcoming Jewel cruise we will return to 10666 because the one thing we missed the most was our large aft balcony. I know you are comparing two Bedroom suite to the 2 bedroom Haven and basically they are really identical the only difference is you do not have the access to the Haven. We unfortunately did not see the advantage of being up in the Haven. Half the time our Key card would not take us to deck 14 so we would just get off on 13 and walk up the stairs :D The upper private deck for Haven Guests was normally way to windy to use, I am not one to use a pool on the ship and the Haven Steam room was scorching hot and not able to use. I know several would have breakfast out in the courtyard but if I am getting up and getting dressed we preferred to just go down to Moderno for Breakfast. Actually I prefer to lounge in the morning and drink my coffee :D While we had a great Butler and Cabin Steward in the Haven we have had exceptional ones in the regular Suites.

I am glad we did it once to say we have stayed in the Haven but for us we do not mind the smaller suite to be able to have the large balcony:)

The thing is you have to compare if you will actually use the Haven Amenities and compare of the additional cost is worth it.

The price difference is about $900 total, which doesn't seem bad since there are 5 of us traveling. Does the Jewel have a restaurant in the Haven?

This will only be our second trip on NCL, we weren't impressed with them the last time we went in 2005, but the additional guests sail free is a huge incentive over Celebrity that we usually cruise.

The price difference is about $900 total, which doesn't seem bad since there are 5 of us traveling. Does the Jewel have a restaurant in the Haven?

This will only be our second trip on NCL, we weren't impressed with them the last time we went in 2005, but the additional guests sail free is a huge incentive over Celebrity that we usually cruise.

Definitely no restaurant in the Haven. Since the suite is exactly the same the only thing extra you get is a Platinum Key car that says The Haven on it :D And of course use of the Haven. But each person has their own likes and dislikes and we just did not find the extras on the Jewel Haven to be a huge advantage above a regular suite. Now I can see on the Escape Class where it most definitely is an advantage but not as much on the Jewel Class.

I will tell you that I think you will see some definite improvements in Norwegian since 2005. My first cruise with Norwegian was in 2009 and I have seen some definitely improvements in that short time. I have done quite a few cruises mostly on HAL but NCL the next most and NCL is now my favorite cruiseline.

OP,

We only do the Haven, it's a whole different atmosphere up there. A BIG difference being on 14 compared to 11, you'll have no clue that 2500 other passengers are on the ship. Nine hundred bucks is nothing for five peeps, go for it!

BTW, only 16 suites have Haven access and the H1's and H3's won't use it much if at all, so in your case you are sharing the whole Haven with 10 suites.

Edited by Leavethekidswithmom