Is Club O2 good?

annasun

Hello - I am going on my very first cruise on the Elation at the end of this month and wanted to know more about Club O2. Are their activities fun? Is it easy to meet new people? Is there an even mix of 15, 16, and 17 yr olds? Any info is much appreciated! Thanks!

Our girls loved Club O2. But it really depends on the mix of kids onboard. One year our marching band kids stayed away bc (seemingly) everyone else was either a footballer or cheerleader from their HS, lol.

There were some hoodlum-looking characters when we took DD on our last cruise. They were hanging all over each other, wearing clothing imprinted with marijuana leaves and the like :eek: Needless to say, DD didn't go.

Our DS loved it. He was 17 at the time and met some great kids who he still keeps in contact with through Facebook. I think it depends on the cruise. Have them go the first day or two and see if they connect with anyone. If not, lots to do on the ship.

It's lots of fun!! My kids love it and there is most likely an even mix of ages. If you do decide to go make sure you go the first night right after dinner, as that is when it is easiest to make friends. As for the activities most kids make friends and ignore the activities and just hang out around the ship. Hope you enjoy your cruise!!

As others said, it really does depend on the mix of kids. We are going on the Elation in July and I plan on making my 16 year old son go the first evening to see if he can make a friend or two. He tends to be social and I think he will have a much better time if he does rather than just hanging out with his brothers and us.

,,,and in the middle of summer there should be a huge number of teens on board. My son always enjoyed the Club or just hanging out-on last day of cruise there are usually crying teenagers getting telephone numbers and e-mails from their new friends. Numbers are better for these "crazy kids" than for us poor "old" single grownups

Edited by Stallion