QM2 Back to Back, separate bookings

Koukla-mou

Well what should happen is that you get two internet packages and can only use one per booking, but it depends on how you speak to the internet man as to whether he will allow the 3 day balance to be carried over. He might or might not, some of them are nice but others are charmless nerks.

Has there been a change, Jim? I have never had a problem with my internet time carrying over whether it was a short 5 day trip or a transatlantic. Katherine

If you are booked on separate voyages, voyage 1 closes off including internet usage and then you begin a whole new voyage and sign up for another internet package.

I would definitely ask the Internet person about this. As CapnPugwash said, some are real jerks and others will go out of their way to assist.

Has there been a change, Jim? I have never had a problem with my internet time carrying over whether it was a short 5 day trip or a transatlantic. Katherine

Well the service and the staff used to be provided b MTN and they were very approachable and normally willing to go along with things. A few months (maybe a year) ago Cunard took the staffing side (and possibly the satellite) in house so they sometimes are less co-operative and follow the rules to the letter.

• 4 weeks later...

Update.

I was checking my Voyage Personaliser last night and noticed that my cabin number had changed. Checked on the "return" voyage and that cabin had changed too, both the SAME cabin. I haven't been notified by email and my luggage labels are still showing the old original cabin numbers. Not an upgrade as such, same category but a deck higher. Result!

BTW will be get two separate Dining allocations?

My husband on I always book b2b. Depending on pricing our TA sometimes books separate. We still have been lucky to get same cabin. We like the extra wifi & getting the extra cruise credit. You have to leave the ship in nyc anyway so it shouldn't be a big deal. Just saw qm2 on the news, sad we have to skip this years cruise. Enjoy !m