Gym / Spa / Men's Facilities on Disney Wonder

M4Travels

Does anyone have any personal info on the workout facilities on the Disney Wonder? Workout area, locker rooms, steam room, sauna, spinning, yoga?

Heading on a four-day cruise in January and just getting all my ducks in a row.

Thanks, all!

Michael

• 5 weeks later...

I didnt spend much time in the gym but, I remember, the treadmill, and free weights. There is a co-ed room with the thermal beds, two steams rooms, one aromatherapy and one not, with one being hotter than the other. Also they purport to have several types of rain/massage showers within that room, but they all seemed the same to me. Not really massaging. We did enjoy the co-ed relaxation.

I've been on the Disney Magic a couple of times; the design is identical to the Wonder.

Exercise facilities are reasonably spacious and decent for a cruise ship. Weight machines are not that great but adequate for a casual lifter like mysel.

What makes the exercise area special is the location - - there is a big window overlooking the bridge and, beyond that, the bow of the ship. I enjoy working on the cardio machines when coming into port. You get to watch all the activity, etc.

If you're up for a massage, some of the rooms have amazing picture windows - great to do when at sea.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Michael,

Let us know what it was like?

Thanks,

Fred

Fred, sorry for the delay.

The fitness center is located at the front of the ship in the spa. It is a small, though adequate, facility; machines appeared to be up to snuff and there were relatively few people using it. As it is in the spa, it is adult only.

The men's locker room has a very hot sauna (I believe it was about 200-205 most times!), but it also has a resting lounge with 4 or 5 chaise lounges with very comfy cushions on them. I was on a 4-day and used the facility daily. VERY few others appeared to use it.

They do have a "rainforest" room that is coed. You could get a full-cruise pass to the rainforest for $45 or it was $15 a day. We took a tour the first day and they had various rooms, steam and dry heat, for you to use. The cast member giving us the tour said that it really is not used by many and those who do use it don't give the secret out to anyone!

We're going back in October of this year and Dec 2007. I will definitely get the package for the rainforest!

Michael

Archived