Rotterdam

Cabin 2509 is far too far forward for my taste. If the seas get rough, you will feel the motion a great deal. The cabin will curve forward due to the curvature of the ship at that point, and you will have portholes instead of a full window.

I would move a few cabins aft if it were my choice.

Trousers are shirt are appropriate for smart casual nights. The minimum dress for men on formal nights adds a jacket and tie for those who wish to dine in the dining room or Pinnacle Grill.

I would pick a cabin more towards the center of the ship. A bit more expensive but more comfortable if you're likely to suffer seasickness.

The Rotterdam has the possibility to get to deck on the bow. Great for viewing.

I would pick a cabin more towards the center of the ship. A bit more expensive but more comfortable if you're likely to suffer seasickness.

The Rotterdam has the possibility to get to deck on the bow. Great for viewing.[/quote

We did this in Norway but entrance not easy to find. Be sure to ask.

And as mentioned, a jacket and tie needed for formal night unless you want to eat at the buffet.

We did this in Norway but entrance not easy to find. Be sure to ask.

It's very easy to get to the bow on the Rotterdam---on all the S- and R-class ships, for that matter.

On Promenade Deck, head past the Front Desk to the show lounge. Pass along the side (either side works) to the doors marked "Emergency Exit". Pass through those doors. In about 5-6 feet there will be another set of doors; pass through those into the hallway; you'll see stairs where people are coming up from Lower Promenade.

Head forward to the open door to the bow. There is a very high barrier to step over. Climb over, and out you go! :D