Getting to a Beach w/o Taxi

conandrob240

It's very expensive for a family especially when there's a 50-50 chance you'll hear whining about the salt water in their eyes and wanting to go back to the boat! LOL

Even though you dock at Havensight and Morningstar is a shorter taxi away, Lindbergh Bay makes sense for a beach day for you. You'll save a few $pp over the East End beaches, and still have a very nice beach with great restrooms. You can also ask the fare to Coki and decide if it works for you.

Are there any ship excursions to a beach that are cheaper?

We have a party of 10 from 2 family. Is it better to take private tour like bernard or take a taxi to the beach? I had been in st Thomas before and did the mountain top tour but has never been in any beach. We have 6 teenager and like to do snorkel and beach going. Our ship dock from 12pm to 7 pm, do we have enough time to go to st John? Please advice.

We have a party of 10 from 2 family. Is it better to take private tour like bernard or take a taxi to the beach? I had been in st Thomas before and did the mountain top tour but has never been in any beach. We have 6 teenager and like to do snorkel and beach going. Our ship dock from 12pm to 7 pm, do we have enough time to go to st John? Please advice.

IMHO I would just debark ASAP and go to the taxi stand and go to a st Thomas beach

With a group of 10 it is likely they will use 2 vans but no worries you will all get to your destination. Lol

Pay per head

I love how easy and efficient getting a cab to the beach is in the Carib.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your group could go to STJ and spend some time at beautiful Trunk or Cinnamon Bay but your time there would be short, perhaps 2.5 hrs at the beach if you make the 1PM Red Hook ferry. You'd have to split into smaller groups and take the first taxis heading to Red Hook.

I think it would be much less stressful to just taxi to Sapphire Beach on the East End of STT, as mentioned in many threads Sapphire offers good snorkeling and has rentals and food & drink. Coki is another option, although it will undoubtedly be more crowded when you arrive there.

But you have choices, just depends on how much time you want at the beach. The trip to a STJ beach adds about another 1.5 - 2 hrs in travel time with the ferry and another taxi but is a nice part of the experience.