Labadee, Aquapark question

My 9 year old is VERY interested in the Aquapark at Labadee.

Can anyone give me a review - good, bad, ok, anything. Also, can you do more than an hour? I realize it is quite a workout, but something tells me my VERY active son could do it off and on most of the day!

It is VERY exhausting. We did it with our 8 & 10 year old boys last summer. We were dying after 10 minutes and couldn't climb onto most of the things. The kids struggled a little bit but overall loved it. An hour is plenty. There is a slight chance of jellyfish in the water also. We were lucky and didn't get stung but someone else did while in the water. They carry vinegar solution just in case. Tell your son look before he jumps from the equipment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know you didn't ask about the slide (which is separate from the waterpark), but I will add that my kids (DS10 and DS11) said it was NOT worth the cost. They thought it was very slow. I think how fast you go depends on what you are wearing, but they tried with and without swim shirts, and still didn't want to go back down once they did it about four times.

We have done waterparks similar to Labadee with our kids over the past couple of years, and we needed to be in the water with them to help climb on and off certain attractions. And I agree - very tiring.

I'm guessing if you want to pay the cost for each hour, they're not going to stop you. The aquapark is in deep water, so not only do you have the physical effort it takes to get up, on, and over the obstacles, but you truly need to swim to get to them.

Yes, you have a life vest, but swimming in a life vest isn't the easiest.

Aquapark was great for our son at that age, as noted though, it is deep enough that you are treading water the whole time so an hour is a lot longer than you think. If you do think you might want to do more than one hour, I would reserve an hour early in the day, do it and then try to get another hour later in the day if you still think you want to do it. The time blocks are capacity controlled so if they run out of tickets then you cant get in (at least the two time I saw it in operation worked that way).

Agree on the comment about the water slide, found it slow and uncomfortable (to the point of painful actually).

My 3 teens love the inflatables. If you stop in Cozumel, you can do them all day at Paradise Beach or Mr. Sanchos (no time limit). My kids only did one hour at Labadee. The life vest they require the kids to wear rubbed my son under his arm, so his skin got irritated. I would recommend a swim shirt or any t-shirt. My kids could have done another hour, but we knew they could do them in Cozumel. Their hour passed quickly.

We took our 7 year old and she loved it, however she could not get up on most of the inflatables on her own. We had to push her up far enough to reach so she could climb up. most of them you have to use your strength to actually get to a loop to climb up. My husband and I are very in shape but we both found it somewhat of a challenge and many in our group could not get on the slide and iceberg inflatables due to the difficulty in getting started up.