Magic Mattresses

jtwanabe

My wife and I just got back from a 7 day aboard the Magic. Every morning without fail

we woke up with terrible lower back pain. Nothing we could do would alleviate this.

(we even got a topper for the bed). I've slept on some pretty cheap & old mattresses

but nothing like this.

Woke up this morning at home no problem. Anyone else had this experience?

JT

Edited by jtwanabe

YES. My husband & I concur... the mattresses are atrocious. Worse even than those pallet type pads that Princess used to use as mattresses on the ships in the early 90's.

I'm going again with my daughter in a few weeks and I'm taking disposable air up swim mats to use partially blown up to alleviate the issue. Yes, it is that bad.

That's what happened to us on NCL and our 3- and 4-night cruises on the Paradise. So we were worried about our 7-night cruise on the Miracle. Thankfully, the bed wasn't a problem for us. So sorry it was for you - not fun.

The mattresses are so hard. My arms and legs go numb when I sleep on my side, and my lower back is stiff all day. I brought sleeping pills last cruise, so I could fall asleep.

If people are used to sleeping on soft mushy mattresses it is reasonable to assume that the firm beds on Carnival will not be up to a passengers liking. Though I'd probably not sleep if my mattress felt like my grandma's old feather bed....besides I'm sure rolling out of a soft mattress in the morning might be difficult for this old broad. I'm glad they are firm.