Allure or Anthem? Trying to decide...

We love all three ships and actually like the Allure better than the Oasis but we are going twice once in November and once in January on the 12 day Southern Caribbean cruise out of NJ on Anthem....took Quantum last year and by late on day 2 we were in much warmer weather.

I just read someone's post that the Anthem doesn't have a movie theater? Are you talking about a dedicated movie theater or the screen out by the pool?

No offense intended, but IMHO to say that Starwater or Sonic Odyssey (which are both HUGELY unique shows, that can ONLY be seen onboard Quantum class) are "a waste of time at sea"... and then to complain about there not being a movie theatre (showing films you _could_ see just as well in a movie theatre ashore)... well, that's just an incredibly bizarre comment, I think.

By "UNIQUE", if you mean "BIZARRE", then yes, only on the Quantum can you see them, that doesn't mean I enjoyed them. "UNIQUE" doesn't make it good, it just plays into that mindset, that if something is wild and innovative and flashy and bold and FOLLOWS NO PATTERN OR THEME, then it must be so cutting-edge that it's "great"! I don't follow that gibberish, nor do I waste time finding polite terms to describe it.

If I have the chance to walk 5 minutes to a small theater and see a frst-run movie, at a convenient time for me, in any attire I desire, with any food or cocktail I MIGHT want to have, without having to pay $ 20 for the privilege, then that's a nice added perk that I MIGHT like to look forward to, in the afternoon. Not a "bizarre" desire on my part, I shouldn't think.

- Miriam