Any perks for booking next cruise while onboard?

x98bjv

Hi there -

Can someone fill me in on this? We're going to be on the Carnival Splendor this summer and are already looking at booking our next one for 2016. Is there onboard credit if we book a cruise while on a cruise? Do I have to sign up for a credit card or anything? What strings are attached?

You get OBC based on length of the cruise.

It's always best to have an idea of where, when and what ship you'd like. Before a cruise we will research what we want, including cabin choices. Onboard we check carnival.com (free) to confirm what's available.

Yes, $100 per cabin On Board Credit (OBC) for a 7-12 day cruise, $50 for 6 or less days, $200 for greater than 12 days.

You also get 2 certificates you can give to someone else so they can get the same OBC you got for their cabin if they book for the same cruise you booked and send in the certificate within 60 days of your purchase.

I've done it several times and it works well. No strings attached. You can get the same promotions and pricing as using a land based PVP. You can get your regular PVP attached to the reservation so they can get credit for it and help you if you need anything later on. You can sign up for the credit card or vacation club, but I never have.

It's fastest if you know the cruise, cabin(s), and prices you want and go to the Future Cruise desk right after the lifeboat drill on the first day. After that the desk can get busy as people find out about it.

Yes, $100 per cabin On Board Credit (OBC) for a 7-12 day cruise, $50 for 6 or less days, $200 for greater than 12 days.

You also get 2 certificates you can give to someone else so they can get the same OBC you got for their cabin if they book for the same cruise you booked and send in the certificate within 60 days of your purchase.

I've done it several times and it works well. No strings attached. You can get the same promotions and pricing as using a land based PVP. You can get your regular PVP attached to the reservation so they can get credit for it and help you if you need anything later on. You can sign up for the credit card or vacation club, but I never have.

It's fastest if you know the cruise, cabin(s), and prices you want and go to the Future Cruise desk right after the lifeboat drill on the first day. After that the desk can get busy as people find out about it.

Actually, there is a string attached. Purchaser has to book a cruise within two years and sail within three.

Hi there -

Can someone fill me in on this? We're going to be on the Carnival Splendor this summer and are already looking at booking our next one for 2016. Is there onboard credit if we book a cruise while on a cruise? Do I have to sign up for a credit card or anything? What strings are attached?

Yes but on NCL :D

• 2 weeks later...