In San Juan Late...

monorail81

Our upcoming cruise to San Juan doesn't get there until 4:00. We are there until 11:00. Any suggestions on inexpensive things to do? On our past cruises, we were in port early. We like to sightsee and will be lucky to see one fort at most if we run when the ship pulls in. What else does everyone do in San Juan?

If your not going to do a tour, like the Bio bay. I would do a walking tour, if that is not your thing walk up to El morro, grounds are beautiful and i guess by that time you get to be there during sunset!

Great timing, i spent a night there during sunset then walked down the street with the bars, dont remember the name, then down Fortaleza and stopped for a cocktail in a local bar. Really like Old town:)

Thanks!

Do you know if RCCL ever does a Bio Bay excursion? I checked my Planner and don't see one listed. I am hoping they add one because that seems really cool.

Not sure i guess it depends on the time of the year but they should. I also have noticed that ship tours change. If the Bio bay is not there now check again in a couple of days.

If not look for local operators that offer the Bio bay.

I have been to PR several time.

Twice by day

And the last time with a late arrival. Nothing stayed open, I did not like it and did not feel safe.

I walked around for about 1 hr and went back to the ship.

I recommend you find a tour ( private or with ship) if you want to enjoy the port.

The Bio bay is amazing. There will be trails of light drifting behind your kayak and paddles. It is a bit of a drive, but the experience is hard to duplicate anywhere else. You can see fish light up the organisms in the water. We loved this tour and it is one of our all time favourites.

I have been to PR several time.

Twice by day

And the last time with a late arrival. Nothing stayed open, I did not like it and did not feel safe.

I walked around for about 1 hr and went back to the ship.

I recommend you find a tour ( private or with ship) if you want to enjoy the port.

Funny i stayed in Old San Juan and as you are right shops are closed earlish there is a good amount going on further up from the pier.

I felt safer than most city's i walk around in, shame you felt that way. I loved it and that local feel you get was great walking from restaurant to bar. Looking forward to doing it again!

I also agree a tour is needed, i got so much more from a guide than i did just walking around.