Disney Magic - Need Information for Norway Fjord Sailing

dee66

Hi,

We are going on the 6/20/15 Norway cruise. How are the 5th deck Navigator's verandah cabins? These verandah's are covered which people have told me will be good due to the norway weather.

Also, I would be interested in any information for a first time Disney cruiser and any helpful tips for the Disney Magic Ship.

Thanks.

I've been in one of the cat 7s on deck 5. Not sure what you are asking. ALL aft cabins have some noise from the thrusters when the ship is docking. I've never been to Norway on a ship, but it is cold there, even in what we think of as summer. Beautiful views.

The Magic is our favorite of the 4 DCL ships. READ your Navigator. Start with the Welcome Aboard Navigator that you will be able to get at check in. There are things you won't want to miss....and you will miss them if you don't pay attention to the information you are being given.

Hi dee66 - my family and I will also be on the June 20 cruise on deck 5 in a Navigators Verandah cabin. It is my wife, my daughter (age 12) and my mother in law. My parents are coming with too. We have 2 deck 5 cabins.

We had a navi out of NYC a few years ago and loved it, especially when it rained. Still had plenty of view and a great place to sit. The cabins ARE a bit motion susceptible in rough seas and there was a bit of vibration when the engines were running hard.

My family of 7 is on the June 20 cruise. Two cabins on 6, an inside and a balcony. We have been to Norway about 20 years ago on a crystal cruise ship. It rained every day but it was still beautiful. It should be in the 60s.

We are all bringing a fleece, water resistant pants and a rain jacket. We have excursions every day and I'm looking forward to the trains, views , bikes, and boats we are doing. I also throw a couple umbrellas in the bags. We have been on 17 Disney cruises and many times on the magic. We love the ship. If you have kids they will love the kids programs. The aqua dunk is fun although it will be chilly.

The cove cafe is s great place for a morning latte.

The shows are always great although I rarely go anymore since we have seen them many times. We always do late seating so we gave the early show at 630. Everyone else gets ready to go then I take my time and meet them for a drink before

dinner.

Some people especially Europeans get dressed up for dinner and formal night. I'll bring something nice for formal nite and my husband brings a sport coat.

If you can go to Palo. The food and atmosphere is great.

We're going into Copenhagen the day before. If you have never been there be sure to see Tivoli gardens It's magical after dark and s great place for dinner.

My grand daughter is almost 19 and looking forward to the 18 to 21 group which always seems to have fun. And with parental permission she can drink which we don't mind as long as she doesn't over indulge.

Have fun