Britannia - Ballroom Dancing Query etc.

Slow Foxtrot

I'm sorry if you found that unhelpful, but it's very true. My husband and I both can do ballroom foxtrot, waltz, quickstep, tango and jive. Last cruise on Oriana, nearly everything was sequence because that's what they teach on ships. So if you don't know how to do it, you can't dance. The rarely have just ordinary ballroom.

We cruise mainly on Oriana and will dance ballroom or sequence but we find it is mainly ballroom played rather than sequence. It may be the cruise demographic but as the ballrooms are quite small sequence does work better in the ships.

Better late than never. Britannia's crystal room is the best afloat for me, never crowded, lively music and good size floor. Cunard's larger floor but boring music and no one it,unless gala night-then there's no room. Oriana's was good but few people bothered and the floor is 6inches sunken, as in a 6inch kerb to climb to the tables. This has an effect of reducing the floor size somewhat.

So, I'm about to book Britannia again, just because of the dancing.

Tried Fred Olsen, won't try again.

Although Britannia’s crystal room is very nice we also like the dance floors on Oriana and Aurora which in our opinion are no smaller than Britannia's. Unfortunately, to maximise the seating area tables and chairs are sometimes positioned on the dance floor which is annoying.

Enjoy your cruise and the dancing. :D

We cruise mainly on Oriana and will dance ballroom or sequence but we find it is mainly ballroom played rather than sequence. It may be the cruise demographic but as the ballrooms are quite small sequence does work better in the ships.

We like to dance Ballroom and Sequence but find sometimes it’s the preferences of the on board teachers or whoever is providing the dance music as to whether sequence dances are danced.