Britannia Cabin & Balcony Query

SunseekerJules

Hi, I've booked a standard balcony that has obstructed view ..... trying to find someone that may have stayed in the same cabin and taken pictures of what the view from the balcony is actually like! The cabin number is G626 (Deck 8). Hope there is someone out there that can help. It will be my daughter's first cruise and I wouldn't want her to be disappointed of not being able to have a view whilst on the balcony!!

Cant help you with a photo but have a look on P & Os website here..

http://www.pocruises.com/cruise-ships/britannia/overview/

and look at the interactive "share your maiden moment" , Port side view.

Your cabin according to the deckplan looks like it is right at the end of the lifeboats so you should still have a reasonable view even though there will be some part of the lifeboat or support visible. It certainly looks like it is only partially obstructed.

Hope that helps.

This may seem an odd thread to find the information but someone asked about obstructed balconies. I contributed some pictures from the Royal Princess (in effect a sister) of Britannia so you can see the size, position and obstructions of obstructed balconies on Britannia. Only thing that will be different is the furniture but dimensions between the two ships and obstructions are the same.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2189264

Hi, I've booked a standard balcony that has obstructed view ..... trying to find someone that may have stayed in the same cabin and taken pictures of what the view from the balcony is actually like! The cabin number is G626 (Deck 8). Hope there is someone out there that can help. It will be my daughter's first cruise and I wouldn't want her to be disappointed of not being able to have a view whilst on the balcony!![/QU
Edited by DAN 60
Error on upload file

Hi, I've booked a standard balcony that has obstructed view ..... trying to find someone that may have stayed in the same cabin and taken pictures of what the view from the balcony is actually like! The cabin number is G626 (Deck 8). Hope there is someone out there that can help. It will be my daughter's first cruise and I wouldn't want her to be disappointed of not being able to have a view whilst on the balcony!![/QU

Here was our G deck obstructed view cabin in March.

09a11f198161222d120c47cb7de6dde6.jpg

We were lucky as we only had the lifeboat up to just below the rail. Some lifeboats are taller and project above the rail. Also in the pic, on the right you can see the lifeboat winch painted white. The cabin next door had two of these outside their cabin. Unfortunately until more people have been on Britannia and can post cabin specific pics I cannot really help by saying what level of obstruction you will have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for the picture, did it bother you at all?

No it didnt bother us. We had booked two obstructed view balconies which were just a few pounds more than an outside cabin. As they were classed as obstructed we were actually suprised about the minimal obstruction since we could look out over the lifeboat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk