Spirit class 9A rooms?

michelle2

I'm 54 days out and just found my room number. I booked a 8A guarantee and so far it looks like we got a 9A! I found my room number using the BookModify method. Does anyone have details about this room category? It looks like it is a little larger than a standard balcony. What a great upgrade!

We are booked on the Legend leaving Sept. 26 in a 9A. Here is a virtual tour of the room. I can't personally vouch for it but it looks very nice and it is bigger than a standard balcony room. The balcony is bigger also.

There are only 8 of those rooms on the ship, 2 each on 4 decks. Just so you know, the two 9A rooms on the Upper deck (5241 & 5243) have partially obstructed views.

http://www.cruisesupport.com/travel/cruises/virtual_tour_popup.jsp?path=/images/360/mgi/817/LE/deluxe2041_mj.ivr&mediatype=5&shipname=Carnival%20Legend&accommodation_id=&category=&desc=Deluxe%20Ocean-view%20w/Large%20Balcony%20(Category%209A)

We booked a balcony guarantee on the Spirit Hawaii cruise last year and were upgraded to a 9A. We were thrilled!

Our room was larger that a standard balcony stateroom - almost L-shaped and the extra room just felt more spacious. It wasn't until we visited a dinner companion's stateroom that we realized how much larger ours actually was. Our bathroom felt smaller than they usually are (or maybe we've gotten bigger :( ).

Our balcony was HUGE. I'd estimate that is was 10 ft x 8 ft. And we loved it. Particularly for Hawaii, where the weather is always perfect, the balcony was wonderful.

I have three pictures I can email if you'd like to see them. Just email me at gottaluvcruising@earthlink.net and let me know if you want all three at once, or just one at a time.

Janet

I'm 54 days out and just found my room number. I booked a 8A guarantee and so far it looks like we got a 9A! I found my room number using the BookModify method. Does anyone have details about this room category? It looks like it is a little larger than a standard balcony. What a great upgrade!

Hi,

I had a 9A on the Spirit..There are the l shaped ones and the regular ones. We had the regular shaped one. It is about 6 feet wider than a regular cabin and so is the balcony. Has a few extra chests of drawers and had a very nice hutch where the desk area is. I liked the size of the cabin, but I am not fond of aft cabins and since this cabin was aft we never booked it again. I try to book more mid ship and prefer to book cat 11's...but a 9 is definitely bigger than an 8...enjoy your upgrade.

Barb

Archived