Cruise review Glory May 30, 2015

smurfm69

Ok, it's been a while since I have done a review so bear with me. lol Did this one with wife, daughter, her boyfriend, and a couple other old friends and we had a blast! Great ship, staff, food, and ports. So let's get started.

We flew Southwest out of Nola to Ft. Lauderdale and stayed at the Comfort suites near the airport. We had pre arranged for SAS Transportation to bring us to the port of Miami. It was $15 per person and they picked us up at 9:30am. We had to make two stops along the way to pick up more people and were at the port for 10:30am. We are platinum and were on board before 11:30am enjoying those awesome Guy's Burgers!

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20015_zpsc99hzpfi.jpg

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20014_zpsgwzazzfv.jpg

We had a meet & greet for our roll call at the back pool on the lido deck and had a great turnout. Someone had a great idea of a shot glass exchange with everyone bringing a shot glass from their home state/city.

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20011_zpskbgzttsy.jpg

So the first port was Half Moon Cay and we had never been there before. I have read plenty of great reviews about this place and saw lots of pictures so I was really excited to see what the hype was all about. OMG!!! This ended up being our favorite port on the cruise. The most perfect beach I have ever been to. We had booked a cabana and as soon as we got on the ship on embarkation day we went straight to the excursion desk to request #10. The cabanas are very popular and always sell out as there are only 15 of them. If you want one, do not wait very long after booking your cruise. It cost $229 and was so worth it!

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20055_zpsvlxjb2mw.jpg

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20056_zpsctekyrnz.jpg

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20057_zpsyenef1ul.jpg

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20063_zpsmucjtvlm.jpg

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20071_zpswz1nzews.jpg

We took one of the first tenders to the island and were on one of the last to leave. It seemed to be pretty crowded by the first 5 cabanas but not too much where we were. There are bathrooms located behind cabanas 9 and 10. From the beach in front of our cabana you could still hear the music from the pirate ship bar but not from inside the cabana. The free BBQ lunch was good and it was convenient to be able to use the sail & sign card to order drinks from the bar.

The night we left HMC was the first deck party and the lido deck was packed with party animals.

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20105_zpszizikfcc.jpg

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20103_zpsdbsmcmp7.jpg

We're doing same cruise (ship & itinerary) leaving this Saturday. Just praying for some decent weather. I doubt you'll finish before we leave, but your pics are gorgeous! I'll be following just incase you get to add more before we leave Saturday. :D

I'm so jealous of you guys leaving this Saturday. lol This was one of the friendliest ships we have been on with everyone greeting us with a smile. We had a cat. 4J cabin on deck 7 and enjoyed taking in the view from the deck in front of our room.

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20359_zpspcoxm2ee.jpg

Our next stop was St. Thomas. This is one of our favorite ports and very good for shopping. A liter of Grey Goose on the ship is $30, but you can find it at the shops on land for $25. This was daughter's second visit to this island. The first time there with her, we went to Sapphire Beach so this time we took her and boyfriend to Magen's Bay Beach. It cost $8 per person each way to go there and there is also an admission fee of $4 per person to get into the beach. There were a total of 3 ships in port that day so Magen's Bay was fairly crowded.

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20115_zpswirbq6uk.jpg

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20113_zpsc8in9wk9.jpg

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20114_zpsb4rl0q9i.jpg

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20121_zpslmbwurai.jpg

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20143_zpsgwzfljkk.jpg

11100436_10207420532459939_3093794736256446642_n_zpsutldnheu.jpg

So the first port was Half Moon Cay and we had never been there before. I have read plenty of great reviews about this place and saw lots of pictures so I was really excited to see what the hype was all about. OMG!!! This ended up being our favorite port on the cruise. The most perfect beach I have ever been to. We had booked a cabana and as soon as we got on the ship on embarkation day we went straight to the excursion desk to request #10. The cabanas are very popular and always sell out as there are only 15 of them. If you want one, do not wait very long after booking your cruise. It cost $229 and was so worth it!

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20055_zpsvlxjb2mw.jpg

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20056_zpsctekyrnz.jpg

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20057_zpsyenef1ul.jpg

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20063_zpsmucjtvlm.jpg

Glory%20Cruise%202015%20071_zpswz1nzews.jpg

ISN'T HMC THE BEST??!!! And great choice on the cabana.. hehehe ;) .. I will follow along with your review too! Love seeing other peoples adventures on same itinerary.

We are looking at going on this same cruise in November and were looking at the cabana rentals as well. We are traveling with out kids, a 3 year old and a 1 year old, and thought having a cabana will allow us to spend the full day on the beach with a place for them to be out of the sun and/or nap if necessary. Does the air conditioning actually keep anything cool? It looks like there was some shade at that cabana, is that typical or unique to cabana 10? Also, I see there was a hammock, is that for the cabana or for anyone to use? Sorry for all the questions, I get excited when I see reviews and wanted some first hand advice :)

We are looking at going on this same cruise in November and were looking at the cabana rentals as well. We are traveling with out kids, a 3 year old and a 1 year old, and thought having a cabana will allow us to spend the full day on the beach with a place for them to be out of the sun and/or nap if necessary. Does the air conditioning actually keep anything cool? It looks like there was some shade at that cabana, is that typical or unique to cabana 10? Also, I see there was a hammock, is that for the cabana or for anyone to use? Sorry for all the questions, I get excited when I see reviews and wanted some first hand advice :)

It wasn't cold but definitely a bit cooler sitting in the cabana with the a/c running. I think most of the cabanas have a little shade, I know the ones by us did. I think the hammock is for anyone to use and there were different people using them off and on. Don't be shy about the questions, I am happy to help if I can.

ISN'T HMC THE BEST??!!! And great choice on the cabana.. hehehe ;) .. I will follow along with your review too! Love seeing other peoples adventures on same itinerary.

I had already decided that I wanted to get cabana 10 but was thinking about you when I asked for it at the excursion desk. I was totally blown away by HMC. Wish there was a short 3 day cruise that went there and back.