Rum Point Beach - Grand Cayman

acarithers0919

We are thinking of doing an excursion that would include a stop at Rum Point Beach. If you've been there what are your thoughs (good or bad) about it?

We went to Rum Point Beach in August 2014. Getting into the ocean was very pebbly, to the point that it hurt my feet. The beach was OK. We would not go back.

May I recommend Royal Palms. We were there is April 2014. That beach is gorgeous, with soft sand. There were cabanas for rent. The club also had an adult's only pool. We can't wait to sail to GC again just to go to Royal Palms again.

We do Nativeway Reef, Rays and Rum Point when we go to Grand Cayman, love the excursion but not sure I'd choose Rum Point if it were the only destination, I agree the beach is pebbly and I think there are better beaches in GC, but it's a nice topping off to a perfect all day excursion with Nativeway, you've been in the ocean most of the time by the time you hit Rum Point you want to eat and maybe buy a famous Rum Point Rum Runner!!!

The Rum Runner drink originated at The Original Tiki Bar in Islamorada in the Florida Keys ....

They all ran low on alcohol due to storms in the keys , and who I mean by they .. is the Beach boys, and the made drinks there using all different kinds of liquor that they didn't normally use ...

They made that song also the same week ... I believe it was Kokomo the song, something like Jamaica, key largo, etc etc :) lol...

We've done the Carnival excursion with Rays & Rum Point. We did it just to go to Rum Point. It is beautiful. The hammocks are great. Service is so-so. They seem irritated but then again they try and serve a lot of people in a short time. I wish we'd had longer than 2 hours there. It was just enough time to get lunch, two drinks, swing in a hammock and head back. There's so much more there.

We found the food prices to be high. But all of GC is and it isn't any more expensive than restaurants near port. We did spend well over $100 for 3 to eat lunch and my son just had a hot dog and fries - so budget for that!

I'd do it again. Have fun!

We rented a car and drove to Rum Point. Cost was reasonable .... I want to say like $60-70 for the day. We enjoyed exploring the island and when we got to Rum Point thought it was very nice. We didn't go in the water tho, so can't comment on pebbles. But, it was a nice place to hang out for a while, walk around, etc. There are places to eat and a nice gift shop. We had a great day. Have fun no matter what you do! :)

One of my favorite!!!!!! We booked through nativewaywatersport dot com. We did the Rays Reef and Rumpoint. We were a group of 8, ages were 65 to 16. Not one complaint. You go to the sandbar and swim with he stingrays, then snorkel the reefs right by the sand bar then back in the boat to rum point beach. It was beautiful and so relaxing. They meet you at the port under their tent. No fuss no stress, very smooth and our guides were awesome young men, made it very enjoyable.

Edited by mumzy1

We did a tour that included stopping by to see the Blow Hole and then stopped at Rum Point for lunch. Since it looked like it was going to rain that day we sat inside by the window ledge they have where the bar is located. The food that we had was very good and probably spent $60 or so for lunch including 2 beers. The service we had was very good too.

Not able to comment on the sand in the water since we never went in it. The restrooms along with everything else was clean when we was there.

I was there in February, rented a jeep and had a blast. Beach was awesome, and yes a little 'pebbly' but not enough to discourage us from going back.

It was free to lounge on the beach, but the drinks were pricey!

I would definitely go there again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved Rum Point and if I ever go back, I would want to go there again. It really depends on what you want in a beach day. I like beaches that have more of that wild or natural look. I didn't want to do the 7 mile stretch of beaches that reminded me more of Myrtle Beach. So, I didn't care that there were rocks in the water. I loved the loungers under the trees and on the day we were there it was very uncrowded.Had a very laid back, casual feel. Like others have mentioned, we did it part of a Nativeways tour. They had our lunch ready when we got there and the servings were large and tasty. My only complaint - not enough time there!