Just off Triumph - any questions?

Glassmcr1981

We are taking the same cruise in August. Was it easy to get to Mr. Sanchos? How much did it cost to get there? What were the reviews about Progesso that were bad? Any tips about the ship? This will be our first cruise..thank you!!!

I've been to Mr Sanchos 5 times. I usually purchase admission for the all inclusive in advance online for $45. their price at the resort is $5 more. I've never spent more than $10 each way for my transportation and usually less by sharing the ride. The drinks are good and the shrimp cocktails are fantastic at Mr Sanchos.

We usually cruise on Royal Caribbean, but decided to try the Triumph for a short cruise to see what its like. We're only about 20 miles from Galveston so it's a hop, skip and jump away.

Do you have any suggestions for a first timer on this ship? We are also in an aft cabin. A first for us. I usually like a Jr. Suite on the hump.

Thanks,

Gloria

For a short cruise, the Triumph provided a good time. Things felt a bit more disjointed and chaotic than our past two cruises on Celebrity, but it could simply be that we had the kids with us.

Make sure you try the food at Guy's Burgers. The 24/7 pizza was great too. The magician was pretty good, and the shows were entertaining. Comedy was very good as well...just make sure you get there early as it gets extremely crowded.

We usually cruise on Royal Caribbean, but decided to try the Triumph for a short cruise to see what its like. We're only about 20 miles from Galveston so it's a hop, skip and jump away.

Do you have any suggestions for a first timer on this ship? We are also in an aft cabin. A first for us. I usually like a Jr. Suite on the hump.

Thanks,

Gloria

We are neighbors, here's a collection of cruise photos from the Triumph. We were just off last Saturday. Take a fan with you. Put it in your car today. The aft cabins sometimes get hot. Ours did, the one in February on the Magic was hot.

https://*******/photos/RZAPPi539xdPAHJ2A

The food is good, the entertainment right now is excellent, both the lead vocalists are talented.

If it matters the cruise director that just went aboard is a sharp guy. He was everywhere.

Don't miss Liars Club.

Edited by BallFour4

My friend and I are thinking of booking this trip for an end of July trip. I know, waiting until the last minute…

What is Mr. Sanchos and which port is it at?

Thanks!

Mr Sanchos is an all inclusive Beach Club in Cozumel. As you exit the port turn right on to Quinntana Roo c1 and travel about 7 kilometers. Mr Sanchos Beach Club will be on your right. Cost is $55 at the entrance or $50 if you book in advance at one of the tour sites. If you book in advance you pay a $5 deposit which is completely refundable if your cruise does not make it to that port on that date. I know I sound like an advertisement but I'm really not. I've just been there so many times as a customer that I know the details. You can see my chubby little self at Mr Sanchos in the picture below.

1434281646719.jpg.9fabe6c50dc2730e9eda4a8080351f61.jpg

1434281735726.jpg.d7aba5ce6892dfa2b2c6f3141aabf37b.jpg

Edited by Jana60

The all inclusive price at mr. Sancho's includes the food, the drinks, and use of loungers, kayaks, and snorkel gear. It does not include use of their floating iceberg, motorized water toys, and does not include a locker. But the lockers are real cheap if you feel like you need to lock up stuff. I've always felt like things were pretty safe there so I've never locked up my things.

I am interesting in seeing any menus you have. I understand they now do a brunch on sea days instead of a separate breakfast and dinner. Or, did you eat anything in particular that was great.

I am interesting in seeing any menus you have. I understand they now do a brunch on sea days instead of a separate breakfast and dinner. Or, did you eat anything in particular that was great.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of menus.

For breakfast - we did the buffet most mornings, and while crowded, it wasn't too bad. Food was pretty good. The Green Eggs & Ham breakfast was actually quite tasty.

For lunch - we did burgers or pizza each day. Both were some of the best I've had on a cruise ship.

For dinner - we did the MDR each not. The food was perfectly fine, but there really was nothing that blew me away like past cruises.

Did you buy your cheers package the second day of the cruise or sometime that first evening? Thanks in advance.

We bought the Cheers package early the 2nd day (I think that is when they were allowed to start offering it). We purchased it at a table set up by the pools, and we're happy to see it worked instantly :)

Did you find any relaxing spots on the ship for adults?

Not really, though I'm sure there are some. Our balcony was where we went for relaxation :)

• 2 weeks later...
Seems to me the street vendors in Progresso are not as aggressive as they are in Cozumel. Usually a polite "no" and they will leave you alone. The city bus tour is pretty interesting and really cheap.
That may be true about vendors in Progresso at the beach, but there are so many of them that you are constantly bothered. In Cozumel, we usually go on a beach excursion, so I don't know what vendors do there.

Actually was sitting right next to the Fun Times when you asked. Bands and DJs appear to be...

DJ Chef Shur

Jesse Alan playing guitar

Benjamin Byler with variety music

Music Highlights with party music

Latin Flavor and Latin Sugar with Latin music

Mike in the piano bar

Rick Lopez and the Triumph Showband with dance mixes

Do they still have the passenger talent show?

I've been to Mr Sanchos 5 times. I usually purchase admission for the all inclusive in advance online for $45. their price at the resort is $5 more. I've never spent more than $10 each way for my transportation and usually less by sharing the ride. The drinks are good and the shrimp cocktails are fantastic at Mr Sanchos.

Does Mr. Sancho's get pretty crowded? How is the shade there? We normally go on a Carnival beach excursion. The last two times, we went on the Isla Passion all inclusive by Twister boat. That's a lot of fun.

This July, we are going on a family cruise on the Triumph. Some of them are going to Mr. Sancho's. I'm considering that excursion. What say you?

Edited by oldvato

Does Mr. Sancho's get pretty crowded? How is the shade there? We normally go on a Carnival beach excursion. The last two times, we went on the Isla Passion all inclusive by Twister boat. That's a lot of fun.

This July, we are going on a family cruise on the Triumph. Some of them are going to Mr. Sancho's. I'm considering that excursion. What say you?

Sometimes there can be a pretty large crowd there but I've have never had it so crowded that I couldn't relax and enjoy myself. And many times its relatively unpopulated. See my pictures earlier and below to get an idea.

1435963121185.jpg.f3dcb77c1f97831a493fcc2086665a34.jpg

1435963257689.jpg.58226899dbefff58ddedbeac704540aa.jpg

Is it true that the Triumph has secret decks? I'm just learning about this. If so, where...how do I get there? Ive also heard that some "secret decks" were eliminated during the transition from ocean view to "Scenic Ocean View" rooms...the ones with floor to ceiling windows.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of menus.

For breakfast - we did the buffet most mornings, and while crowded, it wasn't too bad. Food was pretty good. The Green Eggs & Ham breakfast was actually quite tasty.

For lunch - we did burgers or pizza each day. Both were some of the best I've had on a cruise ship.

For dinner - we did the MDR each not. The food was perfectly fine, but there really was nothing that blew me away like past cruises.

First timer here and will be on the Triumph this November. Can you tell me if the MDR has implemented the American Table menu yet? Thanks very much and appreciate you taking the time to answer our questions. Cheers! :)

Is it true that the Triumph has secret decks? I'm just learning about this. If so, where...how do I get there? Ive also heard that some "secret decks" were eliminated during the transition from ocean view to "Scenic Ocean View" rooms...the ones with floor to ceiling windows.

Secret decks? I'm sure there are decks that the public can't access, such as the engine room decks, and the crew quarters decks, and their night club area. There are also areas in all decks that are only accessible by the crew, such as cabin boy/girls crew quarters within each deck. The dancers quarters, if I'm not mistaken, are somewhere behind the stage of the show room. Backstage is also not accessible. I don't think the forecastle and some of the after areas of the ship, are accessible either. The bridge, I believe is not accessible. Some say the crew has their own swimming pool somewhere on the ship.

So how do you get there? They are not open to the public. Hope that helps.

Edited by oldvato

We have not sailed Triumph since the 2.0 upgrades and we booked a NYE cruise for the family. Did you notice if magnets or magnetic marker board can be used on the outside of the cabin doors? Also, is there a mailbox outside the cabin?