Spa "deals"

jdyer09

Ive been on 9 cruises, 10th one in October, and have only ever even visited the spa once, with my husband on our anniversary cruise. Ive had a really rough year and decided to treat myself this upcoming cruise. The pre-purchase options online seem more expensive then what I remember the flyers and specials being on ship, but again, I usually threw them away without even a glance most times. Do you find the on board specials worth waiting for or is it worth booking in advance. Im not really looking for anything overly special, just a treat.

Thanks!

Ive been on 9 cruises, 10th one in October, and have only ever even visited the spa once, with my husband on our anniversary cruise. Ive had a really rough year and decided to treat myself this upcoming cruise. The pre-purchase options online seem more expensive then what I remember the flyers and specials being on ship, but again, I usually threw them away without even a glance most times. Do you find the on board specials worth waiting for or is it worth booking in advance. Im not really looking for anything overly special, just a treat.

Thanks!

In our experience, the pre-cruise price and the specials on board are not always the same. It will be supply and demand. If it is a slow week at the spa the specials will be better. If there are a lot of people using the spa then the specials will be more sparse. If there is a specific date/time that you want a specific service and do not want to miss out on that date/time for that service then the online booking is a good idea. If you are a bit more flexible and are willing to go at a flexible time then waiting to see what comes available might be a good idea to save some coin, but going with the understanding that there might be a chance you are not able to get a better deal. As you have said, you are a vet at cruising so you know what percent falls in which of these two categories. Every cruise it seems I go into the store with the intention of booking something nice for DW and then I skim through the sight and come to the conclusion that I can wait until the cruise.

Happy sailing!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

I always wait to see what is offered on board.

It is hard to know which hour of which day you might want to schedule something and the specials have been worth it to me!

I'd also suggest that since you have had a rough year why wait for the cruise to treat yourself to a massage?

You may well find better prices near your home.

Best deals are usually when in port. Example; I look at the discounts in the morning and book an appointment for whatever service for around 4pm. I get off the ship and tour whatever Island and then come back in time for my appointment. Usually I get a petty, which is great after walking around all day. Oh, and of course I bring a drink with me to the spa. Most times you have to be back on board by 5pm, really not much of a discount when everybody is back.

Best deals are usually when in port. Example; I look at the discounts in the morning and book an appointment for whatever service for around 4pm. I get off the ship and tour whatever Island and then come back in time for my appointment. Usually I get a petty, which is great after walking around all day. Oh, and of course I bring a drink with me to the spa. Most times you have to be back on board by 5pm, really not much of a discount when everybody is back.

I agree best days are while in port. Also watch for a Ladies Pamper Party. It's free and they promote it as a free facial, etc but it's really just a way to introduce their products. That said. It was Fun! And in 12 cruises, the Ladies party promo is the best I've ever seen. It was $99 for 75 mins of 5 dif things / the promo will say pick 3 but instead you get them all. They signed the flyer for listening and then signed up. I even treated my 19 yr old son who obviously didn't attend the party but $99 was a decent price.

The party was on schedule during the first sea day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums