Where do you store the suitcase?

Mine too. Our luggage nests, so we basically just had 2 suitcases standing in the closet. Our clothes hung over them in the closet so no problem there.

I always wonder why people put them under the bed? Maybe the smaller ships have smaller closets? I admit I've only done Voyager class so I could be missing something here. :confused:

So there's more room on the closet floor for shoes.

• 4 weeks later...
I always bring a length of rope. I tie one end to the suitcase handle, and the other end to the balcony railing. Then, I just hang it over the edge, about six feet down. That way, it doesn't block my view. Then, when it's time to pack up, I just reel in the rope, and there's my suitcase!

OMG...I was thinking the exact same thing....except for adding the "flopping" in the breeze....LOL:D:D

It may depend on the ship and the bed configuration.

On Rhapsody in an interior with a queen bed setup we could not get our medium-sized (71cm) spinner suitcases under the bed as there just wasn't enough space at the side of the bed to lie them flat enough to slide under. There was ample room in the closet for the two suitcases, which had other bags including our carry-ons inside them, and there was still enough space for trousers and long dresses.

However if the bed has been setup as twins it would have been easy to put the suitcases under them, I imagine.

We had the same problem (couldn't 'slide' the big suitcases under the bed due to limited space). We also have one suitcase that seemed to be just a tad too "tall" when laid on the floor to slide under as the top edge hit on the rail of the bed frame.

Then DH figured out that it's quite easy to just lift up the end of the bed and shove the suitcases under it! Even the "tall" one worked fine that way.

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

I like the idea about packing with large ziplock bags. I'm sure my DW would love to do that.

Where did you buy the 2-1/2 to 3 gal size? I don't think I've ever seen any that large.

Thanks[/color]

If you can't find the big ones at a supermarket, try Lowe's. DH found them there.

Judy

We never put one suitcase inside the other ... we know where the outsides have been and don't want that on the inside of them!

If we have to lift up the bed to put the suitcases underneath, we don't. We may put the small ones there ... we're not going to lift the bed every time we need access to our cases.

We usually pull the sofa out from the wall so that there is enough room to stand the larger cases behind it. They are easily accessible that way, and when they are closed they make a "shelf" where we can put our hats or smaller bags.

I like the idea about packing with large ziplock bags. I'm sure my DW would love to do that.

Where did you buy the 2-1/2 to 3 gal size? I don't think I've ever seen any that large.

Thanks[/color]

Shoprite

This is what we did as well. We also put a garbage bag in the suitcase in the closet. Keeps any smells contained and makes it easier to haul the dirty clothes to the laundry room back at home when unpacking. :)

We use the space bags for laundry. Contains odors, and makes extra room for souvenirs.