Kids on Cruises

missbear

LOL ! ;) Your right . I might not agree , but I do respect the oposing teams right to post.

I feel the same way

...No one ever wins these heated discussions , but it sure brings hours of entertainment. :D

I can tell you like the entertainment part of it by the way you post on some of these threads.You definitely pick your moments and you never get out of control when debating someone.

The sad news is that if you want to avoid kids or smoking or worse yet, a two year old in a diaper swimming and smoking a cigar while playing a boom box, it's really, really hard. Now that Renaissance is gone, I know of no cruise line which has an adults only policy plus no smoking; babies even show up on premium lines like Sea Dream (hopefully not on my next cruise).

In general I don't find parents of cruise kids to be any more annoying than those at home. Last night we had the usual restaurant experience: a screaming kid at one table and two women at the table next to us making cell calls, opening mail, and conducting business, certainly as bad as the card playing which was complained about on another thread. It's just a fact that on RCCL in particular, children are welcomed, and some of them are gonna be screamers, as are their parents.

Personally I would be more upset having a balcony with a cigar smoker next door. As I have only done balconies on non-smoking ships this hasn't happened to me. Anyone else?

I can tell you like the entertainment part of it by the way you post on some of these threads.You definitely pick your moments and you never get out of control when debating someone.

Thankyou, :)

Most of the posters feel very pationate and support their convictions to the end. I think that is commendable. I have also absorbed a lot of useful tips to make my own expriences while cruising more pleasant and more mindful of others.

.....this message will self desruct in ten seconds, If I or any of the 'O' crew are caught and captured we will deny any knowledge of their existance. :D

quote: Sandbag

Personally I would be more upset having a balcony with a cigar smoker next door. As I have only done balconies on non-smoking ships this hasn't happened to me. Anyone else?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worse ! On the Grandeur just below our suite out on their balcony was 3 or 4 pot smokers (usually around 9pm just after secong seating ) They would light up every night and the pungent sickly odor of Mary Jane woffed in the air upwards to our balcony. *ack* I had to go inside. :mad:

All I would have needed was a crying poopaloopa and I would have dispensed myself over the railing into the Ocean. :rolleyes:

Secret,

I am glad we can be civil again (I am less cranky since I got out of the house and back to work :D ).

My Italian hot temper always gets the best of me then my Catholic guilt makes me feel bad afterwards. It's just so twisted.

Anyhow, cruises have changed a lot over the years. I think that they are a lot more accessible and economical now compared to the days when you were raising your son. I think they are the best deal out there as far as vacations go. Where else can you pay $2100 for a family of 3 for an all-inclusive luxury vacation including airfare with a balcony JS? It doesn't get any better than that (that's what we are). I feel as though a cruise ship is a very safe place for a child to be (under supervision just like anywhere else of course). Disney is outrageous and a rip-off in my opinion. I don't see how any family can afford that place.

It is very possible that you may have made the same choices had you been able to.

I hope you enjoy Hawaii. We spent 16 days there on our honeymoon and loved it (7 was a cruise).

Les

Sorry Folgy; I'll take pot over a cigar any day; as a former smoker, I'm fairly sensitive; most annoying however is that most people smoke really rank cigarettes and cigars; I preferred English Ovals or Export A's when I could get them fresh, or Camels without filters. That was good smoking. Nothing smells worse to me than a bad cigar; haven't smoked pot in years but wouldn't mind smelling it (at least) on a cruise.

Secret,

I am glad we can be civil again (I am less cranky since I got out of the house and back to work :D ).

My Italian hot temper always gets the best of me then my Catholic guilt makes me feel bad afterwards. It's just so twisted.

No harm done.

Yes, cruising has just become the "every man's vacation". It is indeed the best deal in town.

For anyone who has not yet had to deal with teenagers, high school, college kids, adult kids that don't want to be adults, once you have gone through these things, a person usually has a totally different take on children. It is not a hatred at all. It is that your nerves are still raw from being pulled to the limited by the 13-25 year old set. Those are rough years for most parents and I am just being paroled. I just got out. I don't hate your kids. Not at all. Most are cute and entertaining at times. I just get the heevy jeevies whenever anything comes around me that reminds me of children. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! It is kind of like the soldier just back from the battlefield. Loud noises makes him jump out of his skin. Well right about now, the 6 - 13 year old set has that affect on me. I start to sweat . . . . my vision gets blurry . . . . my stomach starts to bubble . . . . . my mind plays tricks on my body. . . . . . and I think -- CALGON, TAKE ME AWAYYYYYYY!!!!!

What can I say. I need therapy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p :D :p

Archived