My CARNIVAL ELATION 2015 Cruise Review With Pictures!

The Elation is a very nice ship, yes she is older but still very nice. You will see signs of age and wear but the crew tries to keep her very clean. I have been on the Elation 5 times and will miss her when she leaves New Orleans.

The crew was always great and worked hard to keep a smile on your face.

The ports, well Cozumel is great as long as you don't shop. The beaches and the snorkeling is awesome.

Progresso, well at first I used to think what a "s*it hole" but I learned. The ruins to be seen when leaving Progresso are world famous. Don't forget to see Chichen Itza. I actually went there twice, I didn't get enough the first time we went there. The other ruins that are closer to Progresso are good as well. Merida is a very interesting city to visit as well.

As always, your vacation will be as wonderful as you make it. Don't let things like a chipped railing ruin your vacation. If there is something you don't like, speak up to someone that can fix it. Cause they certainly will try

Are you still allowed to bring some water and cokes on board?

From Carnival.com: A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/category/~/dining-and-beverages/~/liquor-and-beverage-policy/c/472

Thanks for the review. The pictures are great. I am scheduled to sail on her in two months so this was very helpful. My question is - How do the later sailing times affect the dinner schedule and what did you find to do in Cozumel and Progreso until 6-7 pm?

Edited by kat2009

The ports, well Cozumel is great as long as you don't shop. The beaches and the snorkeling is awesome.

Progresso, well at first I used to think what a "s*it hole" but I learned. The ruins to be seen when leaving Progresso are world famous. Don't forget to see Chichen Itza. I actually went there twice, I didn't get enough the first time we went there. The other ruins that are closer to Progresso are good as well. Merida is a very interesting city to visit as well.

I am going for my first cruise in November on the Elation to Cozumel and Progresso. Regarding your quote above, why is it not good to shop in Cozumel? Does Progresso have good shopping? I don't mean expensive stuff necessarily, just the little shop stuff where you walk along from shop to shop.

Day 2 - A Fun Day Sea

First Morning and Breakfast of The Cruise:

My morning started out awful after a night of little sleep and I woke up with a headache. I planned on getting up in time to eat breakfast at 7:30am, but I ended up eating closer to 10:00am because I laid around in bed until I felt better.

Once I finally was able to get up and moving, I went to Tiffany's for breakfast. The breakfast buffet lines were very crowded at this time. I was not very hungry and since it was close to lunch I only ate an omelet. Although the line for an omelet was long, the wait was worth it because the omelet was delicious! The general breakfast buffet line (which I did not visit) had a variety of breakfast foods such as french toast, bacon, ham, hash browns, sausages, and more. The buffet also has an area with a variety of different fruits and pastries during the breakfast hours.

I walked around a little bit between breakfast and lunch because there was not much time. The deck was crowded with people enjoying the nice weather! The chair hogging policy appeared to be enforced well!

what is the chair hogging policy that you have mentioned?

what is the chair hogging policy that you have mentioned?

People putting towels on chairs at 6:00 am and not using them until 12:00. Any chairs unused for 40 minutes are supposed to have the belongings removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going for my first cruise in November on the Elation to Cozumel and Progresso. Regarding your quote above, why is it not good to shop in Cozumel? Does Progresso have good shopping? I don't mean expensive stuff necessarily, just the little shop stuff where you walk along from shop to shop.

If you are on your first cruise I recommend going to the port talks and the shopping talks. Cozumel is the shopping island on this cruise if you are looking for jewelry and liquor. Progreso is great for trinkets.

Cozumel is also going to be your cruise or snorkel stop on this cruise. Progreso is best used as a jump off spot for Mayan ruins or Merida.

When I took my parents on this cruise out of New Orleans, we shopped about a hour and a half in the port area of Cozumel and then we t to a beach. I suggest checking out the port of call forums on Cozumel for more info on how to do the beaches cheaper if you want to go to one.

This will be my 3rd trip on this itinerary and about my 6th trip to Cozumel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

about that chair hogging---that answer makes sense.

i was afraid it meant you werent allowed to sit in a chair for a long time.

i have another question, which may be stupid, but i will ask it anyway. neither my husband nor i know how to swim, is there any way we can swim with the dolphins or snorkel. do those always have to be done in deep water? or can you do either in shallow water?

I am not sure about the dolphin, but the snorkel trips I have done always include life jackets. Most have inflatable jackets so you can let air out if you want to dive to see something, then blow it back up if you want to just float and kick about.

Sublarry

i would love to do both, but am a little hesitant. if it were in shoulder height water, i would be okay. but dangling out there in deep water with a life vest kinda scares me. makes me think of that movie, where the boat leaves the scuba divers behind.

we probably better stick to shopping and visiting ruins:o:o

Do you have any information on the comedy shows? Where were they held? How many nights did they offer them?

We just took this cruise 10/3-8, last week. There were 2 Comedians - Cowboy Comedian & Allyn Ball. Cowboy was NOT funny. Allyn Ball was a hoot!! As the week progressed the Comedy Shows became more & more crowded. You will want to arrive at least 15-20 min prior to get a decent seat or even earlier if you want to sit near the front where they WILL pick on you or talk to you & then crack some sort of joke!

Saturday night - Welcome aboard show has a "teaser" of comedy @ 10:15p in Mikado

All Comedy was in the Cole Porter lounge:

Sunday - Sea day - Cowboy shows @ 7:30 p & 10p AND Allyn Ball @ 8:30 & 11:15 p

Monday- Cozumel - No Comedy - Hasbro game show & Fiesta deck party

Tuesday - Progresso day Cowboy @ 11 p & Allyn ball @ 11:45 p

Wed - Sea day Cowboy shows @ 8:30 p & 11:15p AND Allyn Ball @ 7:30 & 10p

Hope this helps!

We just took this cruise 10/3-8, last week. There were 2 Comedians - Cowboy Comedian & Allyn Ball. Cowboy was NOT funny. Allyn Ball was a hoot!! As the week progressed the Comedy Shows became more & more crowded. You will want to arrive at least 15-20 min prior to get a decent seat or even earlier if you want to sit near the front where they WILL pick on you or talk to you & then crack some sort of joke!

Saturday night - Welcome aboard show has a "teaser" of comedy @ 10:15p in Mikado

All Comedy was in the Cole Porter lounge:

Sunday - Sea day - Cowboy shows @ 7:30 p & 10p AND Allyn Ball @ 8:30 & 11:15 p

Monday- Cozumel - No Comedy - Hasbro game show & Fiesta deck party

Tuesday - Progresso day Cowboy @ 11 p & Allyn ball @ 11:45 p

Wed - Sea day Cowboy shows @ 8:30 p & 11:15p AND Allyn Ball @ 7:30 & 10p

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much! I'm excited to see so many comedy shows. That is my main form of entertainment on a cruise. Now just crossing my fingers they book good comedians on mine!

• 1 month later...