Cabin Question

SeaTrailer

We have taken our 3 boys on several cruises. The first cruise with the 3 boys was Carnival Inspiration in a suite. 2 twin beds, 1 pull out sofa and they brought in a cot. I would not do that again. Too many people for 1 bathroom, especially when all trying to shower for dinner. Since then we've always went with Princess and 2 rooms. The two bathrooms are wonderful. We have the late sleepers in one cabin and the early risers in the other.

If you wanted to take three children (ages 7, 5 and 3) on a cruise could you all get in one cabin? If so what kind?

Thanks

Celebrity ships have a "family oceanview cabins" some having 2 sofa beds, sleeping 5 or 6. They are aft with HUGE balconies. This choice would probably be the most economic. I think both NCL and Royal Caribbean have ships with "family suites" that sleep 6-8. The "owners suites" on NCL Wind and Dream sleep 5 with a sofa bed and a pullman bed in the front closet.

We had a mini-suite on Princess, which had the two twin beds configured to a queen. Beyond that in the sitting area was a sofa bed, probably the size of a double, and above that a drop down bunk. We only used the drop down for my 13 year old daughter, as that way we could still get to the balcony. I would imagine the sofa bed would hold two of the young ones. Your problem might be with the computer, as I believe mini-suites are listed at capacity of four. You really need to work with a travel agent on this one.

Archived