Gluten Free?

mbiggers

I have found great variability in different cruise lines' ability to accommodate my need for Gluten Free products. Does anyone know how Seabourn Quest does with GF? I know I can always eat grilled chicken breast or shrimp, but on a 21 day cruise, it would be nice to have some toast or a pizza!

Thanks,

Michele

Not a problem on Seabourn~ I've sailed with a good friend for over 10 yrs who is allergic to wheat. Just make a note on your pre-boarding form and when you do board request a meeting with the Ex. Chef. My friend's rice bread is dee=licious!

Happy sailing

Martita B

True Celiac patients are tested with blood work and a intestinal biopsy not just some guess by a GP a GI doctor should be referred to you. Only 2% of Americans have this disease.

Many people who do not have Celiac have turned this into a fad diet or self diagnose themselves. The so called fad diet is not good for someone to lose weight as many believe as the genectically engineered food is higher in sugar and other additives.

If you truly have a positive test for Celiac one must watch what they eat. At this time they have no cure but research is still being done. The gluten free products sold are much higher in price compared to similar food products because of the current fad.

I have tried GF foods just out of curiosity and for me they don't taste good. Trust me people with this disease wish they would not have to but they do.

I have Celiac and just returned from a 25 day Baltic cruise on the Quest. 3 million Americans have Celiac but only 3% have been diagnosed. I was diagnosed only 6 years ago.

The GF food on the Quest was terrific. Breadsticks were better than the ones with wheat (attested by my husband) .Muffins and toast at breakfast baked on board were delish!

Never tried the pizza as I didn't want the calories. Asst. maitre' d gave me the menu the day before and anything not marked GF was prepared specially. Even eggplant parmesan with GF coating! I was told not to eat the french fries as they were coated with flour but I was given GF ones and they were so fresh and hot my husband asked for them too (an occasional treat with their lucious hamburgers without bun at lunch)

All food is prepared in a separate part of the kitchen (I saw it on a galley tour)

I have Celiac and just returned from a 25 day Baltic cruise on the Quest. 3 million Americans have Celiac but only 3% have been diagnosed. I was diagnosed only 6 years ago.

The GF food on the Quest was terrific. Breadsticks were better than the ones with wheat (attested by my husband) .Muffins and toast at breakfast baked on board were delish!

Never tried the pizza as I didn't want the calories. Asst. maitre' d gave me the menu the day before and anything not marked GF was prepared specially. Even eggplant parmesan with GF coating! I was told not to eat the french fries as they were coated with flour but I was given GF ones and they were so fresh and hot my husband asked for them too (an occasional treat with their lucious hamburgers without bun at lunch)

All food is prepared in a separate part of the kitchen (I saw it on a galley tour)

Celiac disease is definitely not fun the same for people who have serious diabetes. My sister has it but she never had a problem when we were children. Now it is really a problem for her scouting out the foods she can eat.

The problem I have are people that really are not diagnosed and put themselves on this diet thinking it is a healthy weight loss diet which it clearly is not. Having a sister with this and having to make smart food choices is difficult when she use to eat anything she wanted. Not so now. I really feel for all of them truly affected by this disease.

To the OP, I think all cruise lines will accommodate GF if you let them know or your TA.