Carnival Breeze moving to Texas Splendor taking over

Texas Seems to have the cheapest fares going

Port Canaveral the highest

they send not so good ships to PC

All of the good ones to Texas.

What is going on??????

As a Texan, I'm excited there will be another Carnival option in Galveston. We've sailed the Triumph once and Magic twice and loved her. I think the demand from (mostly) Texans is huge to have other cruising options out of the Galveston port. I'm curious if non-Texans are beginning to fly to this port more than before. I'd assume that is the case and hence the high demand for Carnival to supply more and better ships.

As a Texan, I'm excited there will be another Carnival option in Galveston. We've sailed the Triumph once and Magic twice and loved her. I think the demand from (mostly) Texans is huge to have other cruising options out of the Galveston port. I'm curious if non-Texans are beginning to fly to this port more than before. I'd assume that is the case and hence the high demand for Carnival to supply more and better ships.

I'm looking forward to sailing the Breeze in 100 Days!:)

It's going to be my first, and last cruise on her!

I Won't be flying to Texas to sail her!:eek:

We have to decided to stay with the Splendor because of the ports. I need help with a hotel near Miami port but also has a shuttle service. It is 20 a night to park at the port so wonder if there is a better deal at a hotel. We would arrive the night before.:confused:

Edited by jodi1220

We have to decided to stay with the Splendor because of the ports. I need help with a hotel near Miami port but also has a shuttle service. It is 20 a night to park at the port so wonder if there is a better deal at a hotel. We would arrive the night before.:confused:

It would be better to inquire of the hotel if they have a park and cruise rate that would include your room and parking for the cruise. Parking in downtown Miami is hard to find and not much cheaper than the port.

Hotels close to the port are:

Holiday Inn Port of Miami

Intercontinental Hotel

Marriott Biscayne Bay

Miami Hilton

There are a few other popular brand name hotels through out downtown and a quick search online will find them for you.

Texas Seems to have the cheapest fares going

Port Canaveral the highest.

I would have expected that both Galveston and Port Canaveral would have to be cheaper than other ports like Ft. Lauderdale and Miami because they are so much farther from the airport. The cost of a shuttle to get you there is significantly more, so I'd have thought the price of the actual cruise would have to be less to keep them cost competitive.

But what do I know? Maybe the cost of a shuttle is something most people don't even think about when they are pricing a cruise.

BTW, a big boo to the Breeze moving to Galveston. That my favorite Carnival ship so far. But sailing out of Texas has no appeal to me.

I'm curious if non-Texans are beginning to fly to this port more than before

I have three cruises out of Galveston and one out of Houston, and on all of them we've met plenty of people from out of state, including about half a dozen couples from Canada. We also see people from the surrounding states and farther driving in.

This is so wrong. Galveston cruises are higher priced than Miami. They have a limited amount of space. If anything the cost of a Galveston cruise is more expensive than a Miami cruise. I can readily find the same length cruises leaving from Miami cheaper.

Yes, Galveston prices have always been more expensive.