**Taxi Warning**

Mjsturg1

We are fresh off the Liberty and decided to take a taxi to the Boatyard and starting right from the taxi stand they were like why do you want to go to the Boatyard...ummm cuz that's what I said don't question me...that pissed me off then we were the last 2 to fill up the taxi and the driver kept saying over and over I'm going to take you to Copacabana its the same beach and free to get in (sure but you pay $15 for chairs)...I was like great here we go luckily I had read that they will try and do this at times so once we got dropped off there we and another couple from the taxi proceeded to walk down the beach to the Boatyard which was where we wanted to go in the first place !!! The men that worked at the Copa were pissed and called the Boatyard ****e lol

SO basically just be aware and stand your ground do not let them just take you where ever they want to. The Boatyard is soooooo much better anyway!!

We were there this past April & basically the same thing happened to us. They had 2 spaces left on the taxi. Hubby crawled to the back & my seat ended up being in the floor (see photo--yep-that's me in the floor!). Anyway, when we stopped at The Boatyard 4 of us got out of the taxi & the driver kept saying, "Do you know you have to pay $15 at The Boatyard?" I think they don't like it because The Boatyard provides transportation back to the ship and they only use certain drivers. BTW--our ride back was great--nice driver & nice comfy seat :)

IMG_0055.jpg.817d6e33a1d8cc6b23a31be98f537d8c.jpg

What do you think the reason would be for the taxi not wanting to take anyone to the Boatyard ? Never been there but looks like a good place to spend the day & are planning on being there next year.

The ride back to the ship is included with the entry fee. Less money for the Taxis.