New dining up charge press release

tvguy72

So on my 10 night cruise, I will not be able to buy the 3 meal SDP, and then eat the other 7 nights in Bayamo for just $10 each time. It doesn't work that way. It's called an upcharge for a reason.

If I bought the 3 day SDP, it works out to be $23.21 per meal. If I go to Bayamo, I'm paying the additional $10 bill, for a total of $33.21 (once you add in what has already been paid), so still a savings. Then I would have 2 days left to eat elsewhere.

Sushi is the same way, which was the reason for my original response to the person that thought they could eat sushi all week for just $7 each time. You pay $7 on top of the $23.21 you've already paid for that meal. So all-u-can-eat sushi for $30.31, then 2 meals left to eat elsewhere.

No I get it. But the only bill you would receive at the end of the meal at Bayamo is $10 and one SDP day/meal is history.

If you decide to eat at Bayamo after your 3 SDP's are used you pay full fare, whatever that final price is.

No I get it. But the only bill you would receive at the end of the meal at Bayamo is $10 and one SDP day/meal is history.

If you decide to eat at Bayamo after your 3 SDP's are used you pay full fare, whatever that final price is.

Yeah, that's my understanding, too. It will be interesting to see the price for Bayamo and the Supper Club on Escape.

Edited by LrgPizza

Pizza isn't a she

You're so wrong even though you always think your right and know everything. Not only is she a she....I even know her name.

Don't know what makes you think you're right and you know something you obviously don't know.

Harriet

I thought pizza was gender neutral. As for LrgPizza, I have no idea what gender he/she is. :p

Don't listen to motleyfan, he does not know what he's talking about. She's a she.

And although we may have our differences from time to time....most of her answers/replies are correct.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

Ok! Just looked at this thread and now even more confused! We are veteran Royal cruisers but going on Escape in January with three children and another family with 2 children. All Seasoned cruisers. Trying Norwegian and can't wait. Already have beverage package. Not sure what to do about dining. Would like to try some of specialty dining to get real feel of Norwegian, but also want to experience their dining room, etc. This package sounds good, but like others have said, you must do your homework, which I am good at! With our group, what would you all suggest? We were for sure thinking of the Brazilian Steakhouse? Kids are 17-21, so can appreciate nice things....

I'm curious if NCL will actually give you the best "deal" if you get a 3-4 day package but end up going to the specialties more.

For example if I do Cagney's twice, Le Bistro Once, Ocean Blue once, and have a sushi "snack" but only have a 3 or 4 day package would they go ahead and charge me the lowest cover charges or would the SDP cover them in the order in which I ate at them.

I'm curious if NCL will actually give you the best "deal" if you get a 3-4 day package but end up going to the specialties more.

For example if I do Cagney's twice, Le Bistro Once, Ocean Blue once, and have a sushi "snack" but only have a 3 or 4 day package would they go ahead and charge me the lowest cover charges or would the SDP cover them in the order in which I ate at them.

I would have to assume that they would go in order of attendance. So if you went to La Cucina, Teppenyaki, Modernos, and then Cagneys you would have a $30 charge on your bill whereas if you flipped the order you would have a $15 charge on your bill. To do anything else would be ludicrous as they have no way of knowing who is going to eat at specialty restaurants more times than they initially bought.

Edited by Out to sea!

Ok! Just looked at this thread and now even more confused! We are veteran Royal cruisers but going on Escape in January with three children and another family with 2 children. All Seasoned cruisers. Trying Norwegian and can't wait. Already have beverage package. Not sure what to do about dining. Would like to try some of specialty dining to get real feel of Norwegian, but also want to experience their dining room, etc. This package sounds good, but like others have said, you must do your homework, which I am good at! With our group, what would you all suggest? We were for sure thinking of the Brazilian Steakhouse? Kids are 17-21, so can appreciate nice things....

Churrascaria, the Brazilian steak house would be a good choice, great salad and lots of choices and basically all you can eat.

Teppanyaki is a great meal and pretty good show. It's a lot of food!

Le Bistro is a must if possible. Very much a favorite of many on NCL.

Cagny's is the highest priced so if you do any one for cost, don't do this one...make sure its a SDP hit.

I would think like Out to Sea, once used up that's it, like coupons. so make sure your out of pocket up-charge is the cheapest option.

I would have to assume that they would go in order of attendance. So if you went to La Cucina, Teppenyaki, Modernos, and then Cagneys you would have a $30 charge on your bill whereas if you flipped the order you would have a $15 charge on your bill. To do anything else would be ludicrous as they have no way of knowing who is going to eat at specialty restaurants more times than they initially bought.

They don't charge you when you eat technically though. When they itemize your final bill they could apply the SDP to the three highest priced options so no matter what order you ate at them you would only be charged the $15. That or I might have to indicate that I don't want to use my package if I eat someplace cheaper like La Cucina or when I get sushi.

You're so wrong even though you always think your right and know everything. Not only is she a she....I even know her name.

Don't know what makes you think you're right and you know something you obviously don't know.

Harriet

Well then I'm sorry pizza, I always thought you were a guy

Yeah Cagney's is usually my go to place

They don't charge you when you eat technically though. When they itemize your final bill they could apply the SDP to the three highest priced options so no matter what order you ate at them you would only be charged the $15. That or I might have to indicate that I don't want to use my package if I eat someplace cheaper like La Cucina or when I get sushi.

I imagine they ring you up and give you a bill, at each restaurant, as a distinct transaction, it may be voided out and "free" but for accounting purposes they will "charge" you so to speak and I would think that would then place the hit on your SDP, unless you made it clear you don't want to take the hit and pay full price.

I imagine they ring you up and give you a bill, at each restaurant, as a distinct transaction, it may be voided out and "free" but for accounting purposes they will "charge" you so to speak and I would think that would then place the hit on your SDP, unless you made it clear you don't want to take the hit and pay full price.

With the UBP they usually write "UBP" on their receipt and it just doesn't show up on the final invoice. Will have to keep my eye out on these boards once the SDP goes in effect to see the experiences of those who purchase various lengths of the package.

Well then I'm sorry pizza, I always thought you were a guy

No problem. I just have a problem with people posting information that they 'think' to be true but actually have no idea if it's true or not.

Harriet

Yes, if they wanted to create a headache for themselves I guess they could but they'd be pretty stupid to do so. Not to mention it would not be financially advisable to do so so there is no incentive to create an issue that would cost them revenue.

With the UBP they usually write "UBP" on their receipt and it just doesn't show up on the final invoice.
The way they have the UBP set up is terrible, and I'm glad that the UDP doesn't work like that. With the SDP, all they have to do is ask for your card (as they do already), notice that you have an SDP sticker (assuming that they continue to use these dumb stickers), and confirm that you want to use your package for the meal you just had. When the ticket comes, hopefully it will be clearly indicated how much you will or will not be paying for the meal, and ideally, how many days/meals you have left on your package. No need to cross your fingers and hope for the best like with the UBP.

I agree with you, the best thing to do is wait until people actually start using the new package and come back here with their first-hand reports.