Private snorkel tour?

tea4ular

Might anyone have a recommendation for a private or small group snorkel tour at the barrier reef?

Thank you in advance.

The reef comes to within steps of the sand on the Tabyana end West Bay Beach.. there is no reason to hire a boat.

If in fact you do wish to there is a gentleman by the name of Daniel who works for Foster's West Bay, I was out a Blue Channel with he an a couple others one year. I was impressed by the fact he took a life ring and got in the water with us. While I am a strong swimmer, not every one is and I was pleased to see if anyone needed a rest he and his life ring were available.

Contact Foster's to ask.

Check out Roatan Ocean Adventure. Tripadvisor reviews 207 Excellent and 8 very good. ROA was the highlight of our Western Caribbean Cruise 3 times. Tell Herbert , Joe and Vicki in Illinois said Hello.

Check out Roatan Ocean Adventure. Tripadvisor reviews 207 Excellent and 8 very good. ROA was the highlight of our Western Caribbean Cruise 3 times. Tell Herbert , Joe and Vicki in Illinois said Hello.

Wow! Those are some fantastic reviews! I think we'll book them.:p

Thank you thank you thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

We booked with Herbert. I did indeed say hello for you!

ROA was the highlight of our Western Caribbean Cruise 3 times. Tell Herbert , Joe and Vicki in Illinois said Hello.

With our confirmation came this sweet note from Herbert:

Since you know joe and Vickie I'm adding in a second stop for you guys. Tell them i said hi also, Herbert Woods

Thanks for the referral! :)

Edited by tea4ular

• 4 weeks later...

I have been busy and not been on CC. I'm sure glad you booked Herbert. We met him over 5 years ago. He was working for another company. We encouraged him to go on his own . Next time we booked him while he was trying to start his company( phoned him) . Next time he had ROA up and running. He is a wonderful young Man. I think his next Challenge is Local Politics. He really cares about his Island. In the mean time, tell your friends about Roatan Ocean Adventure, our Highlight in the Western Caribbean.

Vicki and Joe in Illinois

I have been busy and not been on CC. I'm sure glad you booked Herbert. We met him over 5 years ago. He was working for another company. We encouraged him to go on his own . Next time we booked him while he was trying to start his company( phoned him) . Next time he had ROA up and running. He is a wonderful young Man. I think his next Challenge is Local Politics. He really cares about his Island. In the mean time, tell your friends about Roatan Ocean Adventure, our Highlight in the Western Caribbean.

Vicki and Joe in Illinois

Thanks Vicki & Joe! I like his story (as found on his website as well as what you wrote) and I am so very much looking forward to adventuring with him.

My best friend (who I'm traveling with) knew he was the right choice for us, as her father's name is Herbert! :)

Most of Herberts' snorkel tours start right in front of his house. He lives with his Father . Herberts' Uncle Joe lives next door. He owns a older shrimp boat that is docked out front at their dock. If his Uncle is not Shrimping and the boat is docked. You might ask Herbert to take you over to get some pictures. Him and I boarded the boat and took pictures. I could look out to the ocean and visualize I was on the Deadliest Catch. They all make you feel like you are an old friend visiting. Have FUN!!

Joe and Vicki in Illinois

• 2 months later...

We snorkeled with Herbert and said hello for you and Joe - Herbert at Roatan Ocean Adventures is a treat of a young man - we will be going back to spend time with him! Thank you for the referral - I will be doing the same!!