Ideas for sending clothing abroad before cruise?

We will be travelling for weeks prior to our cruise and it makes little sense to carry our "better" clothes while hiking, etc. Our travels do not take us back to any destination where we could store clothing to retrieve later.

We depart from Rove (Civ) and could always try to ship something to our Rome hotel before we leave the U.S., but that seems like a bit of a crap shoot. We are cruising RCL. I have sent a message asking if we can mail something to the ship but have not heard back yet.

Has anyone dealt with this before? We appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

The ship will not accept anything. There have been several threads about this recently. Go to the upper right of this forum, click on Search This Forum, type in 'sending luggage ahead' and you will get a page of threads, several dealing with your question. Although they may have a different destination in the thread title, the information applies in most situations. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

.... There have been several threads about this recently. Go to the upper right of this forum, click on Search This Forum, type in 'sending luggage ahead' and you will get a page of threads, several dealing with your question.... EM

Hello, EM. Actually, rather than waste everyone's time I did search before posting and tried several different phrases. Most results about sending ahead did not match our circumstances (usually from people shipping from inside the country they will embark from) and the two that I found that did were posted 2005 and 2008, so many things have changed since then.

It may be that since I am new to the format Cruise Critic uses Icould not find the more recent threads, but I would never have posted my question had I been able to find the information I was looking for something posted recently.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by CantPickaName

I don't know where you are staying in Rome but I have mailed and couriered stuff to lots of hotels when travelling on business and pleasure. Double check with your hotel.

Thanks a bunch, DirtyDawg. It is good to hear that shipping to your hotel has worked for you in the past. Since it is most likely the only option for us, we feel better hearing it has not been a problem for you.

Happy Cruising!

Hello, EM. Actually, rather than waste everyone's time I did search before posting and tried several different phrases. Most results about sending ahead did not match our circumstances (usually from people shipping from inside the country they will embark from) and the two that I found that did were posted 2005 and 2008, so many things have changed since then.

It may be that since I am new to the format Cruise Critic uses Icould not find the more recent threads, but I would never have posted my question had I been able to find the information I was looking for something posted recently.

Thank you for your help.

Well, the first on that came up is from last month, and I thought it pretty much fit your criteria, though they wanted to ship to Venice, not Civitavecchia. EM

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2211374&highlight=send+luggage+ahead