Porch good for lunch embarkation day?

bryanjaync

Traveling with 83/86 year old parents on Reflection in Nov.

Like to avoid the zoo of the buffet for lunch. Thinking of panini at Porch ( willing to spring for $5 pp). Any downside? Maybe to hot around noon in Miami ? Too crowded ?

One huge downside: it's closed on embarkation day. :(

(At least it was on Silhouette, didn't open til the next day. Maybe if someone has recent Reflection dailies you can check for certain.)

Another idea, given your parents age, is to get to the port very early and be among the first to board. When we do that, we make it to the buffet area and there is plenty of room- not a zoo at all. Have a nice lunch and dessrt, relax, then head out and sit in a lounge somewhere, just as the crowds start to hit!

Edited by micmacmissy

One huge downside: it's closed on embarkation day. :(

(At least it was on Silhouette, didn't open til the next day. Maybe if someone has recent Reflection dailies you can check for certain.)

Another idea, given your parents age, is to get to the port very early and be among the first to board. When we do that, we make it to the buffet area and there is plenty of room- not a zoo at all. Have a nice lunch and dessrt, relax, then head out and sit in a lounge somewhere, just as the crowds start to hit!

That is disappointing. On our January 2014 B2B on the Silhouette it was open both embarkation days. Wonderful food and quiet on boarding day(s).

When we sailed on the Reflection in December it was definitely open. DD and I had lunch there on embarkation day. We would normally do Bistro but this was our first time on a ship with the Porch so we decided to take in the view.

I was so excited to share our wonderful experience at the Porch for embarkation day lunch on the Silhouette in January 2013, but it looks like it may no longer be open that day or that it varies from ship to ship. :(

If it is open, I would highly recommend. I think that January weather in FLL would be comparable to Miami in November, and I recall that it was delightful! Food was good, but the highlight was the wonderful view of the port area and skyline.

I have vivid memories of sipping my wine and anticipating all of the fun that was to come over the course of our cruise!

I was so excited to share our wonderful experience at the Porch for embarkation day lunch on the Silhouette in January 2013, but it looks like it may no longer be open that day or that it varies from ship to ship. :(

If it is open, I would highly recommend. I think that January weather in FLL would be comparable to Miami in November, and I recall that it was delightful! Food was good, but the highlight was the wonderful view of the port area and skyline.

I have vivid memories of sipping my wine and anticipating all of the fun that was to come over the course of our cruise!

We had lunch on embarkation day on the Silhouette on our cruise in late March 2015. We had the place to ourselves. We loved it. In March it was $7.