Differences in balcony cabins & comparison to HAL's

Tampa Girl

We are looking at a cruise on the QE. First, what is the difference between a regular balcony cabin and the Britannica Club balcony - size? Amenities? We are used to a balcony cabin on HAL's "S" class: Veendam, Ryndam, Statendam. Are the QE's slightly smaller?

The regular Britannia cabins are exactly the same as the Britannia Club cabins. The difference is that you get a separate dining room with single seating and a small a la carte menu. Plus a few minor extras in the cabin - a different robe and pool towel, a full bottle of Pol Acker instead of a half and possibly the pillow menu.

I can't compare to HAL I'm afraid.

The regular Britannia cabins are exactly the same as the Britannia Club cabins. The difference is that you get a separate dining room with single seating and a small a la carte menu. Plus a few minor extras in the cabin - a different robe and pool towel, a full bottle of Pol Acker instead of a half and possibly the pillow menu.

I can't compare to HAL I'm afraid.

Thanks, at least that answers my questions as to whether the Club balcony is worth it to me. It isn't. Have you traveled in the balcony cabins, and would they be comfortable for an 80-day cruise?

We have on QM2 - though some years ago - but on QE we have only travelled QG.

I think the balcony cabins are fine, quite nicely appointed and an ok size, and thousands do the whole World in them, but for 80 nights WE would struggle. We DO spend time in our cabin and balcony, because of spinal issues, so for us space is more important. Having said that, the one thing that would really stop us is having to choose a dinner sitting - we like open seating. So for US, if it had to be a balcony, it would have to be Britannia Club.

Thanks, at least that answers my questions as to whether the Club balcony is worth it to me. It isn't. Have you traveled in the balcony cabins, and would they be comfortable for an 80-day cruise?

I was upgraded to Britannia Club on my last cruise on QE. As mentioned, the stateroom and balcony are the same as regular Britannia. I found the Club stateroom on deck 8 (8063) much noisier than the regular Britannia (7032) that I had the year before on the World Voyage (118 days). Although I appreciated the upgrade, I would not pay the extra for Britannia Club.

The regular balcony stateroom was comfortable for me but I was traveling solo. There was room for three chairs and a small round table on the balcony. I will check my pictures on another computer and see if I have any good pictures.

One thing you might want to consider is one of the cabins on a corner (such as 7034 or 7035). They are much bigger but not as private. Also some of the balconies on deck 4 are also slightly deeper than the regular ones (again that cuts down on privacy). Some of the forward ones are metal fronted.

Edited by Scrapnana

Here is a picture looking down from deck 7 to deck 4 and the deeper balconies.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434581935.495651.jpg.87f4e16b40ef3b04dc60899d4e97865b.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures of my balcony. I was standing in the middle and took one picture to my left and right..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434582092.560703.jpg.595765b381a51e74c2a27b8a3e0a1210.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434582128.504887.jpg.f9dec26ed07c87f2ec53bf0517b2db3f.jpg

Here is a picture (sorry, slightly blurry) of some of the corner balconies taken from my Britannia Club balcony. Also, notice that the deck 8 balcony has more of an overhang than in my previous deck 7 pictures.

62c5ecfb8249f1960731eb5fda617281.jpg

Edited by Scrapnana

I was upgraded to Britannia Club on my last cruise on QE. As mentioned, the stateroom and balcony are the same as regular Britannia. I found the Club stateroom on deck 8 (8063) much noisier than the regular Britannia (7032) that I had the year before on the World Voyage (118 days). Although I appreciated the upgrade, I would not pay the extra for Britannia Club.

The regular balcony stateroom was comfortable for me but I was traveling solo. There was room for three chairs and a small round table on the balcony. I will check my pictures on another computer and see if I have any good pictures.

One thing you might want to consider is one of the cabins on a corner (such as 7034 or 7035). They are much bigger but not as private. Also some of the balconies on deck 4 are also slightly deeper than the regular ones (again that cuts down on privacy). Some of the forward ones are metal fronted.

Thanks so much for your suggestions. And if you do have any pictures, I would love to see them.