price drop cruises

lis1407

hi

doing window shopping i saw a "bargain"on the MSC yacht club for oktober 2015 in the Med and Can.Il.

I am going on this cruise just because of the YC experience.

For this price i can't cruise with any lux line (more than double to tripple)

Price drops are not always as good as normal i think.

Hat this exp on Azamara and Seabourn.

What do You think.

THANKS.

Geez, where to start. Yes, there is this new trend on some mass market lines like MSC and Norwegian to create a higher end product within the product. We think its history repeating itself as these lines are going back to the time when we had various classes of cruising. Bot to compare a MSC Mega-ship with the small ship cruising of lines like Seabourn, Silverseas and even Azamara (which we do not consider an ultra luxury line) is still comparing apples to oranges.

As long time cruisers we are indeed intrigued by this new trend. Some have argued that when you do something like the Yacht Club on MSC or Haven Suites on Norwegian you are getting the best of 2 worlds. On one hand you get the amenities and entertainment options of a mega-ship and on the other hand you get some of the luxury services found on the small ship ultra luxury lines. We have talked to some folks who have cruised in Haven Suites on Norwegian and they all said it was a wonderful experience. Have yet to meet anyone who has done the yacht club experience so looking forward to your future review.

Hank

Geez, where to start. Yes, there is this new trend on some mass market lines like MSC and Norwegian to create a higher end product within the product. We think its history repeating itself as these lines are going back to the time when we had various classes of cruising. Bot to compare a MSC Mega-ship with the small ship cruising of lines like Seabourn, Silverseas and even Azamara (which we do not consider an ultra luxury line) is still comparing apples to oranges.

As long time cruisers we are indeed intrigued by this new trend. Some have argued that when you do something like the Yacht Club on MSC or Haven Suites on Norwegian you are getting the best of 2 worlds. On one hand you get the amenities and entertainment options of a mega-ship and on the other hand you get some of the luxury services found on the small ship ultra luxury lines. We have talked to some folks who have cruised in Haven Suites on Norwegian and they all said it was a wonderful experience. Have yet to meet anyone who has done the yacht club experience so looking forward to your future review.

Hank

Hi Hank

Did many cruises on small and medium ships and what disturbs me is that the entertainment is mostly poor to very poor.On many ships in the lux and ultra lux (you are right about Azamara) segment there is a "downgrading"going on exept the price. IN MY OPINION.

So if everything is true what MSC is saying about YC ( all incl,butler,your own swimming pool and restaurant and bar, better ratio for space and crew member etc.....) than it is like you put it "the best of two worlds" But for me the most important thing is:two or three cruises for the price of one.And still in lux segment.

If the food ,oh so important,will be as good as they promise,than it could be the new trend what only the mega ships can offer.

Yes you have a point saying its smells like class cruising,but on the other hand you will get what you are paying for.

I am addicted and i rather go three times than once.

Surely i will put a review on CC.

Thank for Your remarks