Norwegian EPIC 9th August - advise needed

chrissmash

Hi there,

First post, just wanted to stop by,say hi and ask a little advice. I will be going on the 7 night cruise from Barcelona leaving on 9th August. Cant wait, its only my second cruise and my fiancees first.

We booked one of the interior rooms as the offer was just too good to pass by. I have a few questions related to this, do you find the inside cabins small & claustrophobic or is there plenty of space? Also if the option presented itself, is it possible to upgrade to a balcony?

Any other tidbits of information or advice is welcome!

Thanks,

Chris

I've only stayed in a studio, even smaller than an interior! Space is ok if you have small suitcases or flexible ones to shove under the bed. I hadn't learned how to upgrade back then, but I have learned more recently, and several times I've moved from a studio to a balcony. You just need to keep watching the prices and call your PCC if the balcony price approaches that of an interior. I loved the Epic! Make sure you try the speciality restaurants on sea days and go to the Jazz Club! Enjoy! Oh, and make sure you try the sangria in Barcelona off Los Ramblos!

If you aren't already doing this, arrive in Barcelona at least a couple days ahead of your cruise. Barcelona is a very nice city IMHO. Embarkation day, arrive at the ship as early is allowed and board as early is allowed. Then take time to explore the ship. We went to deck 15 had a drink and some lunch then made our way down deck by deck to find everything. If you want to buy anything out of any of the shops on board, they have big sales the last day. If you are wanting to dine in any of the specialty restaurants, make reservations ahead of time. We did La Cucina, Le Bistro, Teppanyaki and Cagney's. Don't miss Howl at the Moon, a very entertaining show!

Barcelona is a wonderful city! We stayed there 3 days prior to our cruise on the Epic and had a blast. We consider ourselves sangria testers...yep, we tested as many different kinds as we could:rolleyes: But the public transportation is easy to use and there is so much to see we only scratched the surface and I can't wait to return! We had a mini suite with a balcony on the Epic so i don't have any opinion of the stateroom, sorry, but if you need any other info about Barcelona or the ship in general....

Thanks for the replies, one query I have is my only other cruise experience is on princess, they offered drinks packages and as far as I could see lol food was free, is this the case on Norwegian?

Thanks for the advice on Barcelona, we will only be flying in on the Saturday morning due to work commitments

Thanks for the replies, one query I have is my only other cruise experience is on princess, they offered drinks packages and as far as I could see lol food was free, is this the case on Norwegian?

Thanks for the advice on Barcelona, we will only be flying in on the Saturday morning due to work commitments

They have the same set up with NCL, drink package if you want to purchase it..you can take wine onboard and pay a $15.00 corkage fee per bottle. However, we took 3 bottles onboard from Barcelona (really good, cheap wine!) fully prepared to pay and no one ever said anything, the bottles went through the scanner, the guy handed them to my DH, said have a nice cruise and that was it!

The food onboard is free, except for the upcharge restaurants, the food served at the Cirque show and room service after a certain hour I believe the other food is free..if anyone has a different opinion...

Just stayed in our first inside in May on the Sky. No issues with claustrophobia. It felt like the same amount of room we've had on outside cabins with RCCL. But if you upgrade, you might be eligible for the June promo. Something to consider. Call NCL and ask your PCC.

Hi there,

First post, just wanted to stop by,say hi and ask a little advice. I will be going on the 7 night cruise from Barcelona leaving on 9th August. Cant wait, its only my second cruise and my fiancees first.

We booked one of the interior rooms as the offer was just too good to pass by. I have a few questions related to this, do you find the inside cabins small & claustrophobic or is there plenty of space? Also if the option presented itself, is it possible to upgrade to a balcony?

Any other tidbits of information or advice is welcome!

Thanks,

Chris

I cruised solo on my last cruise, which was also my first cruise with NCL. I usually travel with my daughter, and we always get a balcony or a suite, but didn't feel I could justify it for just one person. I was concerned about having a smaller windowless room, but it was just fine. I had my TV on when I was in the room and set it to the channel with the ship's camera. That compensated a little for not having a window. I did miss having a balcony, but I also spent less time in my room. My next cruise is also solo--studio cabin on the Epic. Can't wait!