Discounted Kids Menu Adopted in Carnival STEAKHOUSES

eponym

He is easy to find, the quote you attribute to him is not.

Since I've been so kindly informed that linking FB isn't forbidden, here you go.

Please note that I did not QUOTE John. The actual quote that I found really dismissive and rude was "Yesterday I mentioned that we have a children’s menu in the Steakhouse and while for many it was of non-concern some through(sic) their toys out of their stroller saying they would “ never eat in there again.” Kids will ruin the atmosphere” etc, etc." It continues on in that vein for several more paragraphs.

I can see both sides of the issue. I just think the snarkiness is uncalled for, especially coming from the brand ambassador.

Since I've been so kindly informed that linking FB isn't forbidden, here you go.

Please note that I did not QUOTE John. The actual quote that I found really dismissive and rude was "Yesterday I mentioned that we have a children’s menu in the Steakhouse and while for many it was of non-concern some through(sic) their toys out of their stroller saying they would “ never eat in there again.” Kids will ruin the atmosphere” etc, etc." It continues on in that vein for several more paragraphs.

I can see both sides of the issue. I just think the snarkiness is uncalled for, especially coming from the brand ambassador.

You've been to the romper room, I see. LOL

I love kids and seldom have a problem with them, but on my last cruise there was a family at the table next to us who clearly had no problems with their child screaming all through dinner and Carnival never addressed it. A passenger finally did and you can imagine how that turned out. Parents convince themselves that all kids behave like this no matter what noises they are making. My wife and I each ate alone one year at the Japanese restaurant in Epcot. She ate while I walked around outside with our child and then I ate while she did the same. It was not what we were looking forward to, but other people should never have to put up with a loud child who decided that they were just not going to sit still for this meal.

I think the steakhouse was perfect before, leave the fee at $35 and allow kids, but make the parents have to really want them to be there to spend that money. Carnival though, is going to have to address this issue in all venues as less and less parents seem to care about bothering others.

i love kids and seldom have a problem with them, but on my last cruise there was a family at the table next to us who clearly had no problems with their child screaming all through dinner and carnival never addressed it. A passenger finally did and you can imagine how that turned out. Parents convince themselves that all kids behave like this no matter what noises they are making. My wife and i each ate alone one year at the japanese restaurant in epcot. She ate while i walked around outside with our child and then i ate while she did the same. It was not what we were looking forward to, but other people should never have to put up with a loud child who decided that they were just not going to sit still for this meal.

I think the steakhouse was perfect before, leave the fee at $35 and allow kids, but make the parents have to really want them to be there to spend that money. Carnival though, is going to have to address this issue in all venues as less and less parents seem to care about bothering others.

nailed it!!!!

Edited by First and Ten

I love kids and seldom have a problem with them, but on my last cruise there was a family at the table next to us who clearly had no problems with their child screaming all through dinner and Carnival never addressed it. A passenger finally did and you can imagine how that turned out. Parents convince themselves that all kids behave like this no matter what noises they are making. My wife and I each ate alone one year at the Japanese restaurant in Epcot. She ate while I walked around outside with our child and then I ate while she did the same. It was not what we were looking forward to, but other people should never have to put up with a loud child who decided that they were just not going to sit still for this meal.

Wishful thinking. It's now official. $10 for the kids. Unless they want to have a $20 meal.

This would be fantastic. I'll be sure to bring my little ones at the reduced rate just to annoy the old timers who don't want to be bothered. If you don't want to be bothered by kids and families then go cruise on Viking.

The point of the discussion on this thread is a "boisterous" little one in the Steakhouse where other adults are paying $35 for a special evening. (baby to preschool age seems the be the focus of the comments)

It must be admitted that there are many little ones in that age group that are not ready for behaviors appropriate to a fine dining venue. They're not bad ... they just aren't ready yet.

Most of the old timers like children and cruise Carnival knowing they'll be aboard. The comments here are not about kids in other areas - only their presence in the fine dining Steakhouse.

[quote name='summersigh']The point of the discussion on this thread is a "boisterous" little one in the Steakhouse where other adults are paying $35 for a special evening. (baby to preschool age seems the be the focus of the comments)

It must be admitted that there are many little ones in that age group that are not ready for behaviors appropriate to a fine dining venue. They're not bad ... they just aren't ready yet.

Most of the old timers like children and cruise Carnival knowing they'll be aboard. The comments here are not about kids in other areas - only their presence in the fine dining Steakhouse.[/quote]
Well said and hopefully will get the thread back on track... again on the last cruise (same one summersigh was on) we ate in the Steakhouse, saw several families with younger children, all were well behaved. Never a problem, then again I was focused on my wife and the wonderful food!