Palma Cruise Terminal

Always did fly cruise in past and have sailed from Palma several times with Thomson but this August we are doing 3 nights Santa Ponsa first before going on the Dream,so are cruise only. Will get a taxi to the terminal but can anyone advise what happens when we arrive, is there a 'Thomson' desk for independent travellers in the main terminal building or do we just show our paperwork to the security guard to progress to the ship as you would do with your boarding pass when in port?

Ta in advance.

Joe

We always do Cruise Only - and, like you, this time are starting with a few nights in Santa Ponsa (we usually stay in Palma pre-cruise as so convenient but had a place in Santa Ponsa for many years and fancy a short return visit for old times sake).

There is no Thomson rep for Independent Travellers. When you arrive at the cruise terminal just go up the escalator then show your paperwork to the security guard before crossing the walkway to the Thomsn check in area. Leave your luggage in the main hallway before going to the check in desk, then return to your luggage after check in to attach cabin labels.

Official check in time is 12 noon but we are always on board by 10.30 - we just get a taxi from our hotel after a leisurely breakfast.

Where are you staying in Santa Ponsa?

We've had a couple of stays in the Rey Don Jaime, back in the days when it was part of the Marina group.

Most of the UK based package tour operators offer it as far as I know.

Fine tourist class hotel, well run etc.

What I will always associate Santa Ponsa with are the squadrons of exotic greenish-yellow birds roving around the centre - apparently a domesticated pair of pets that were released into the wild and went forth and multiplied !!!

Edited by WeeCountyMan

We always do Cruise Only - and, like you, this time are starting with a few nights in Santa Ponsa (we usually stay in Palma pre-cruise as so convenient but had a place in Santa Ponsa for many years and fancy a short return visit for old times sake).

There is no Thomson rep for Independent Travellers. When you arrive at the cruise terminal just go up the escalator then show your paperwork to the security guard before crossing the walkway to the Thomsn check in area. Leave your luggage in the main hallway before going to the check in desk, then return to your luggage after check in to attach cabin labels.

Official check in time is 12 noon but we are always on board by 10.30 - we just get a taxi from our hotel after a leisurely breakfast.

Agree with this !! You can not walk through the gates to the pier which Thomson use so you have to go up the escalator or if your taxi has a port pass they can sometimes get through the barrier and drop you off at the embarkation building.

Thanks for replies, I thought it would be up the escalator as I have been in and out the terminal to go to Santa Ponsa a couple of times mid cruise and don't recall seeing any sort of Thomson check in desk but just needed some reassurance, thanks. Interesting that taxi could possibly go through to embarkation building, was going to get a 3 journey quote from Janerbus who I have used before so will add this to my email.

We are staying 3 nights at Club Santa Ponsa AI, the difference between the Thomson fly cruise price and Jet2 flights from EDI plus Santa Ponsa was only £50 or so. We want to have a look at the family Villa we are renting next year for our joint 60th celebrations which is near Club Santa Ponsa plus we want to visit our old chums Stuart and Viv at the Glasgow bar near the square.:D There will be me, Sandra along with my stepson Gavin and his bride of 4 weeks Danielle:)

Thanks for replies, I thought it would be up the escalator as I have been in and out the terminal to go to Santa Ponsa a couple of times mid cruise and don't recall seeing any sort of Thomson check in desk but just needed some reassurance, thanks. Interesting that taxi could possibly go through to embarkation building, was going to get a 3 journey quote from Janerbus who I have used before so will add this to my email.

We are staying 3 nights at Club Santa Ponsa AI, the difference between the Thomson fly cruise price and Jet2 flights from EDI plus Santa Ponsa was only £50 or so. We want to have a look at the family Villa we are renting next year for our joint 60th celebrations which is near Club Santa Ponsa plus we want to visit our old chums Stuart and Viv at the Glasgow bar near the square.:D There will be me, Sandra along with my stepson Gavin and his bride of 4 weeks Danielle:)

Have had some great meals at Club Santa Ponsa over the years - their Menu del Dia was always a very good buffet (loved the Snails) including a bottle of very drinkable wine. Sadly the location of Club Santa Ponsa makes it impossible for my husband nowadays so we are staying at the Hotel Bahia del Sol for the first time on the opposite side of the bay. Looking forward to a night at the Square and hoping the Kensington Bar, Golf Bar and Toms Bar are still in operation (our place was at the Caesars apartments so our 'local' was the Blacksmiths but this has changed names so many times since we left that I don't know what it is called now - if it is even still a bar!).

5 days and most definitely counting!!!

• 1 month later...