Do adults wear costumes?

WanderLit

Hello everyone!

I booked my first Disney cruise, 7 day western Caribbean on the Fantasy. Three generations. Myself, my daughter and my granddaughter.

While I'm sure there are little girls going around in princess attire all day long, what about the adults? We would like to all three wear Minnie Mouse dresses to board. Me, like a 1928 black-and-white polka dot skirt. My daughter in a 1965 red and white polka dot dress and my granddaughter in the pink and white polka dots of today's Mickey's Club House style Minnie.

For formal night, I'd like to wear my long flowing black dress and maleficent horns, my daughter, a flaming red-head, wants to wear her best Merida green gown.

So how often, if at all, do adults play princess and villain dress up on a Disney cruise?

Edited by WanderLit

Hello everyone!

I booked my first Disney cruise, 7 day western Caribbean on the Fantasy. Three generations. Myself, my daughter and my granddaughter.

While I'm sure there are little girls going around in princess attire all day long, what about the adults? We would like to all three wear Minnie Mouse dresses to board. Me, like a 1928 black-and-white polka dot skirt. My daughter in a 1965 red and white polka dot dress and my granddaughter in the pink and white polka dots of today's Mickey's Club House style Minnie.

For formal night, I'd like to wear my long flowing black dress and maleficent horns, my daughter, a flaming red-head, wants to wear her best Merida green gown.

So how often, if at all, do adults play princess and villain dress up on a Disney cruise?

I've seen it done. I was the Evil Queen for one evening, on one of our cruises the theme of the evening was Villains.

DD & I wore long dresses (hers with a train) with tiaras on one formal evening.

Go for it.

I think that would make the best boarding photo EVER! You should try to come up with a clever family name for them to announce, as well.

Thanks Erocrobro, what a fun idea! I hadn't thought of that.

What do you think of "The Minnie Time Warp Family"?

Edited by WanderLit

It was rare on my Alaska trip.... but a few adults had different costumes for each character picture photo appearance. Some had cosplay outfits.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=cosplay&tbm=isch

Exactly! My daughter grew up doing a lot of cosplay in the 90's and I have worked on many-a cosplay costume. We're looking forward to reviving that mother-daughter hobby (and innitiating the next generation) as we prepare for the voyage.

We'll be on the Oct 24 Halloween on the High Seas Fantasy cruise.

My question is -- do they have a masquerade night in which adults wear costumes?

Many thanks

Jennie

No one knows what the plans are for this year. Last year, they had a "masque-parade" where any guest who wanted to could dress up.

The only time we dress up on the Halloween cruise is on Pirate night. This next cruise I am not even packing those. We had an extra suitcase of just costumes and shoes our most recent cruise in April. Never doing that again. :) Have a great time!

My wife, daughter and I all wore pirate costumes on pirate night during out last cruise.

We didn't dress like pirates on our first DCL sailing and were so blown away by how many people put in a lot of effort, that on November 1 of that year, we went to the Halloween store and each bought a half price pirate costume (the day after Halloween is the absolute best time to stock up on costumes for the following year).